I love a simple breakfast, and this one is complete with burrata cheese, avocado, tomato, and egg – all arranged on a simple piece of toast. So colorful and delicious!
What IS burrata cheese?
I was introduced to burrata cheese (well, hello new fabulous cheese!) a couple of years ago, and I immediately fell in love. According to The Kitchn, Burrata has a solid outer curd made from fresh mozzarella, which is formed into a hollow pouch, then filled with a soft, stringy curd and fresh cream. It has a milky, buttery flavor that’s rich without being too indulgent.
In other words, burrata cheese is DELICIOUS. I’ve used it in salads, appetizers, and now, my Burrata Avocado Toast. Burrata CAN BE hard to find, depending on where you live. I’ve found it at our local Kroger and specialty stores, like Whole Foods and Sprouts.
I love a simple breakfast.
The simple ingredients below are definitely filling enough to get you to your next meal.
- burrata cheese
You’ve got everything you need. Carbs, good fats, protein, and fruit.
So many options!
If you look on Pinterest, you’ll find so many toast combinations. Cream cheese, preserves, nut butters, fruits, veggies. You can really put ANYthing on a piece of toast.
Which is why it’s hard to call this a recipe. It’s more like a process, or combination!
I hope you try this combination. Please let me know if you do!
What I made this time last year: Strawberry Rhubarb Wheat Muffins
You can stay up-to-date with SueBee Homemaker by:
- signing up for post updates (top right-hand corner of my blog)
- liking my Facebook Page
- and following me on Pinterest
I’m also sharing tidbits of my life on Instagram.
Burrata Avocado Toast
- 2 slices bread – toasted
- 1 Tablespoon butter spread
- 2 oz. burrata cheese round
- 1 medium avocado – mashed and sliced
- 1 large egg – hard boiled
- 1 medium Roma tomato – sliced
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Toast and butter the bread, and arrange cheese, avocado, egg, and tomato on top.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.