Balsamic Glazed Tomatoes and Burrata is the simplest of appetizers. Impress your family and friends with this pop of color and taste!
Gimme gimme all the tomatoes and burrata.
Ever since my sister, Jackie, introduced me to tomatoes and burrata cheese (BEST cheese ever!) a few years ago, I’ve been making similar concoctions for my family. I finally decided to recreate one for all of you, because I believe in sharing.
In other words, my recipes are yours.
This is a five minute appetizer. Yup, you read that right! No oven or stove top. Just a few dices, swirls, and tears.
- cherry tomatoes
- burrata cheese
- olive oil
- balsamic glaze
Plus some salt, pepper, and some thinly sliced bread to serve.
BTW, the bread you see pictured is my Cracked Wheat Bread. I pulled it out of the freezer for this appetizer, but you could use any store bought bread.
Our Texas heat is ON, and the a/c is also ON. One thing about living in the south, summers can be hard. Temperatures in July and August average in the high 90’s and when we hit that or over 100 (which has been happening here too much lately), I’m totally down for less cooking. I could easily eat a smoothie bowl at every meal, but my boys…not so much.
So this app? No cooking required.
Let’s sum up the reasons to love tomatoes and burrata!
- 5 minute prep
- no cooking required
- uses summertime tomatoes…which are the best
- a great excuse to indulge in the creamiest of cheeses – burrata!
- an impressive appetizer to bring to parties
If you have home-grown tomatoes, use those. Enjoy!
Make this appetizer next: Homemade Hummus and Pita Chips
You can stay up-to-date with SueBee Homemaker by:
- signing up for post updates (top right-hand corner of my blog)
- liking my Facebook Page
- and following me on Pinterest
I’m also sharing tidbits of my life on Instagram.
- 6 oz. burrata cheese - 3 rounds
- 16 oz. heirloom cherry tomatoes - halved
- 1/4 cup basil leaves - sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons balsamic glaze - may want to add extra
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- thinly sliced bread - toasted, to serve
In a serving bowl, arrange halved cherry tomatoes. Break open the burrata cheese rounds with your fingers, and nestle them into the tomatoes.
Top with thinly sliced basil, balsamic glaze, olive oil, kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
Serve with thinly sliced bread, cut into pieces. Enjoy!