This Easy Pico de Gallo Recipe is a 5-ingredient Tex-Mex recipe, that is also super fresh and delicious. Combining tomatoes, jalapeño, red onion, cilantro, and fresh lime juice, you’ll want to add it to all the yummy things!
Use this pico as a chip dip, or sprinkle it on tacos, burritos, carnitas, salads, and bowls. Some of our favorites are my Easy Fish Tacos, Grilled Chicken Burrito Bowls, Healthy Taco Salad, and my Instant Pot Crispy Carnitas! Try them all!
The BEST Pico!
This recipe is just one reason I like to stock my shelves with everything Tex-Mex. At any given time, you can find tomatoes and onions on my counter, and jalapeños, cilantro, and limes in my refrigerator. Because I never know when I’m gonna whip up a last minute concoction, like a taco salad or a burrito bowl.
Pico de Gallo Ingredients:
Let’s run down the simple list of ingredients real quick. Remember just FIVE (plus a pinch of salt).
- Tomatoes – You can use any kind of tomatoes that you have on hand. I like to use Roma because they tend to be less watery. But if it’s tomato season, use anything fresh!
- Red Onion – I prefer red onions to white, only because they add a touch of sweetness. But white onions work as well.
- Jalapeño. – If you are a spice lover, keep some of (or all of!) those seeds. If not, just throw them away, and dice up the outer part.
- Cilantro – LOVE this stuff, and you can’t make great pico without it.
- Lime – Squeeze the lime right over the ingredients.
- Salt – Just a pinch of salt is needed!
Note on quantity. You’ll notice that my directions are for a small batch of pico. I like it best fresh, and since it’s so easy, I make it more often instead of storing it in the refrigerator. However, if you are preparing for a large group, you’ll want to double or even triple this recipe.
How to make Pico de Gallo:
- Dice ALL of the tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, and cilantro. You decide on how big or small to dice.
- Squeeze the lime right over top of the veggies.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Stir it up!
THIS, my friends, is embarrassingly easy to make. Regarding leftovers, I often times drain a little bit of the excess liquid off the pico before refrigerating.
Easy Pico De Gallo Recipe
- 4 large roma tomatoes – diced
- 1/4 medium red onion – diced
- 1 medium jalapeno – seeds removed and diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro – chopped finely
- 1 medium lime – freshly squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Combine the chopped veggies in a bowl. Add the lime juice from one lime and a pinch of salt. Mix well, and enjoy!
- Use any fresh tomatoes you have available. Otherwise, Roma tomatoes work great as they are less watery.
- Drain a little excess liquid off of the pico leftovers before storing it in the refrigerator.