These Easy Taco Crunch Wraps are my version of the Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme. Using a DIY taco seasoning, ground turkey, two kinds of shredded cheese, blue chips, and veggies – these are heaven on earth.
I. am. obsessed.
These Taco Crunch Wraps are a thing, and I’m LOVING it. I just wish it would have been a thing when I had wee little ones with little hands. Because trying to get small people to eat a taco is called MESS.
But THIS. The process of wrapping the shell around the filling, and lightly frying it in a pan, makes it SO MUCH easier to eat. I’m only making tacos this way from now until forever, because big people make taco eating messy too.
Let’s “taco ’bout” the details.
- ground turkey plus onions
- DIY taco seasoning (or use the packet seasoning)
- shredded cheese
- blue chips (or one large tostada)
- cherry tomatoes
- all the toppings…avocado, sour cream, and salsa
Below is a step-by-step Taco Crunch Wrap process.
Using large WARMED burrito size flour tortillas, spread:
- taco meat
- blue chips (or any kind of chips)
- more cheese
Than wrap it up. Fold in one side, and then wrap edges up one section at a time, until all sides are folded inward.
To make this wrap stay folded, you then must lightly fry it in a skillet, on both sides.
A couple of notes to consider:
- Be sure to slightly warm the tortillas, so that is soft and pliable to fold.
- Watch out for sharp corners on the chips that could puncture the tortilla You can crush them up, or simply use a round tostada shell (like Taco Bell does).
- Don’t over-fill the tortilla. If you do, you’ll have a mess. And we are trying to avoid the mess!
- Make either my 1) Easy Homemade Salsa, or my 2) Homemade Salsa Verde to go with these wraps.
BTW, you could basically wrap anything up in a crunch wrap. Beans, rice, chicken, steak, sweet potatoes, quinoa, and so on. Tailor it to your cravings.
Make this Tex-Mex recipe next: Beef and Bean Nachos
You can stay up-to-date with SueBee Homemaker by:
- signing up for post updates (top right-hand corner of my blog)
- liking my Facebook Page
- and following me on Pinterest
I’m also sharing tidbits of my life on Instagram.
Easy Taco Crunch Wraps
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 medium yellow onion - diced
For the taco seasoning: (or use packaged taco seasoning)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper - freshly ground black pepper
Remaining crunch wrap ingredients:
- 5 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded pepperjack cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 15 Tostito chips
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes - quartered
- 1 1/2 cup lettuce greens - shredded
- avocado slices - to serve
- sour cream light - to serve
- prepared salsa - to serve
- Mix up the DIY taco seasoning, and stir well.
- Heat a skillet to medium high heat. Add olive oil, ground turkey, onion, and seasoning - and cook until turkey is browned and cooked through.
- Make crunch wraps by layering according to process diagram in blog. On a warm tortilla, layer cheese, meat, blue chips (crushed), lettuce, tomato, and additional cheese.
- Wrap up tortilla by folding in one side. Then continue folding up edges one section at a time, until all sides are folded in.
- Add some more olive oil to a skillet, and placing folded edges down first, brown on one side, and then flip to brown the other side. Repeat for additional crunch wraps.
- Slice the crunch wrap in half, and serve with avocado slices, sour cream, and salsa.
- Use large burrito sized tortillas, and slightly warm them before wrapping to prevent tears.
- Feel free to use ground beef or chicken, instead of turkey.
- You can use different chips, just make sure there are no sharp edges to pierce the tortilla.
- Don't overfill the tortillas to avoid a MESS.
- Make a large batch of taco seasoning to have on hand for quick taco night!