Honey Cinnamon Zucchini Bread is unbelievably moist thanks to shredded zucchini and olive oil. The taste is out of this world with the addition of honey and cinnamon, and this easy bread reminds me of fall!
Making quick bread is one of my favorite things to do in my spare time, right behind making yeast breads. There is something so amazing when you see the finished product, and then there is the fantastic aroma. I’ve had many people comment about the “bakery smells” when they walk in our house. 😀
While I love my mom’s Chocolate Zucchini Muffin recipe, I love keeping it simple with this recipe.
- one large loaf (or two smaller ones)
- olive oil instead of butter or canola
- some honey to sweeten and give it an interesting taste
- and of course, LOTS of zucchini!
Ingredients needed for Honey Cinnamon Zucchini Bread:
- Eggs – You’ll need two large eggs.
- Olive Oil – I love the distinct, lovely flavor this gives to zucchini bread.
- Brown Sugar PLUS Honey – Use a combo of sweetener to make this so YUMMY.
- Vanilla – Of course!
- Zucchini – I used a chopper to shred enough zucchini to fill a 2-cup measuring cup
- Flour – All-purpose flour makes this a lighter bread.
- Salt, Baking Soda, and Baking Powder – You need all of these!
- Cinnamon – One of my favorite spices and gives this that fall flavor that I crave.
How to make Honey Cinnamon Zucchini Bread:
- Prep. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and prepare one large loaf pan with baking spray.
- Shred zucchini. Use a chopper or box grater to shred the zucchini. Leave the skins on!
- Make batter. Combine the wet ingredients – the eggs, olive oil, brown sugar, honey, vanilla, and shredded zucchini. Use another bowl to combine the dry ingredients – the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet, and combine until just mixed. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake. Bake the zucchini bread for approximately 45 minutes, or until the center is done after testing with a toothpick.
- Cool. Let the bread sit in the pan for about 5-10 minutes, and then remove to a cooling rack.
NOTE: The batter will be thick. The zucchini will help to lighten it during the baking process.
Other easy zucchini recipes for you to try:
- Grilled Italian Zucchini Fritters
- Grilled Zucchini Turkey Burgers
- Pesto Vegetable Pasta
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Should I dry the zucchini?
No, the shredded zucchini should NOT be dried for this recipe. The moisture helps make this bread super moist. When I bake with zucchini, I don’t dry it. When I cook with it, I normally do.
How do you know when zucchini bread is done?
There are two things I usually do to determine if the bread is done. One, I push down slightly in the center of the loaf, and if it’s jiggly, I bake it longer. And two, I use a toothpick and insert it in the loaf (a couple of different places) to see if it comes out clean. If it’s wet, then leave the bread in for longer. Just be careful to avoid over-baking.
Confession: My fam likes quick bread to be slightly “gooey” in the center. SO…I usually take the bread out of the oven when the toothpick comes out slightly wet. But you do you!
Kitchen Tools used for this recipe: (Affiliate Links)
- Box Grater
- Glass Mixing Bowls
- USA loaf pan (If you don’t have a large pan like this one, make two smaller ones.)
Make this quick bread next: Easy Banana Bread
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
Honey Cinnamon Zucchini Bread
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups shredded zucchini – leave skins on
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ** This recipe makes one large loaf or two smaller ones. I've found that making smaller ones is often easier to get the center done.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a loaf pan with baking spray.
- Shred the zucchini in a chopper or food processor.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients – the eggs, olive oil, brown sugar, honey, vanilla, and shredded zucchini. Mix well.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients – the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 45 – 50 minutes, or until your desired doneness.
- Remove bread to cooling rack. Store in airtight container or freezer bags.