Fresh blueberries, freshly squeezed limes, good quality tequila and orange liqueur, and plenty of ice – make up this super simple, belly-slimming, party cocktail! No need for added sugar with all the fresh and quality ingredients for my Blueberry Lime Margaritas!! Party on. 🙂
Part Two of my Memorial Day Weekend menu has arrived! If you didn’t get a glimpse of part one, you should totally get the ingredients for my Chilled Black Bean Dip too, because it’s super 1) easy 2) healthy, and 3) cheap to throw together!
Before I talk about the ingredients for my Blueberry Lime Margaritas, I need to mention the tools you will need on hand to make these cocktails.
- Food Processor (or blender works too) – to puree the blueberries
- Fine Mesh Strainer – to separate the pulp from the juice of the berries
- Lemon Lime Juicer (or your hands work too) – to squeeze the limes
- Cocktail Shaker – to shake up the drink with ice
Tips for making an epic Blueberry Lime Margarita:
- You can see below the ingredients I used for my margaritas. Make sure you buy good quality liquor, or you’ll pay later in the form of a headache.
- Fresh blueberries give these cocktails that really fresh summer flavor. BUT, you must strain out the pulp (and discard it). It takes a little bit of patience, but isn’t hard at all. You just pour some of the puree into a fine mesh strainer, and push down with a spoon so that the juice gets separated out into a jar.
- Fresh lime juice is also key to a great marg.
- Get everything nice and cold. When I made these, I prepared in advance and put everything in the refrigerator ahead of time so I had super cold ingredients. I even measured out the liqueur and got that good and cold too, as well as the glasses I used for serving.
- If you like a sweeter margarita, add some simple syrup. (Boil equal parts water and sugar until dissolved, and then cool completely.)
I love long weekends. Especially when I have my chores done ahead of time. Time to sit back and relax, and sip on some margs.
Cheers, friends! 🙂
Make this cocktail next: Blackberry Peach Frozen Margarita
You can stay up-to-date with SueBee Homemaker by:
- signing up for post updates (top right-hand corner of my blog)
- liking my Facebook Page
- and following me on Pinterest
I’m also sharing tidbits of my life on Instagram.
Blueberry Lime Margaritas
- 2 cups blueberries
- 6 oz. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 8 oz. tequila – use good quality
- 4 oz. orange liqueur – use good quality
- lime wedges – for serving
- kosher salt – for rim of glasses
- simple syrup – add some if you like a sweeter cocktail
- Prepare 4 small (or 2 large) margarita glasses by rubbing lime along the rims and dipping them in a bowl of kosher salt. Fill glasses with plenty of ice.
- Using a blender, puree blueberries with about two ounces of lime juice. Strain out the juice through a fine-mesh strainer, and discard the pulp.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add half of the tequila, orange liqueur, blueberry juice, and remaining lime juice – and shake vigorously. Add simple syrup if you like a sweeter cocktail.
- Pour into two margarita glasses and garnish with lime. Repeat for remaining two glasses, and serve.