Welcome fall with the Best Apple Cider Margaritas. These combine tequila, triple sec, fresh lime juice, with apple cider, and take just 10 minutes to prepare. Garnish them with apple slices, cinnamon sticks, and star anise for a wow presentation!
Fall spells COZY, and that means sweatpants and fluffy blankets, beautiful changing trees and outdoor sports, and all the fresh seasonal apples and apple cider we can hold. My favorite time of year just got a little bit better with another apple recipe for my friends.
This fall has definitely been the year of apples for me. Over the past month, I’ve shared my Mini Caramel Apple Cheesecakes, my irresistible Apple Spice Cake (with Caramel Sauce), and my Applesauce Cinnamon Muffins. But don’t forget about my Chunky Cinnamon Applesauce and a reader fav, my Apple Pie Banana Bundt Cake from a couple of years ago. So many tasty apple things to choose from!
This apple cider margarita? It’s so many things..
- Boozy – like a good margarita should be.
- Refreshing – nice and cold from shaking it up in a cocktail shaker.
- Full of fall flavors – yes to apple cider, cinnamon sticks, star anise, and fresh apple slices!
Ingredients needed for the Best Apple Cider Margaritas:
- Tequila – Use a good silver tequila if possible. Don’t use the cheap stuff!
- Triple Sec – I prefer Cointreau but any good quality triple sec works too.
- Fresh lime juice – One to two limes is all you need, depending on the quality of the limes.
- Apple Cider – Use the real thing, which is abundant in the stores during the fall.
- For the rim – Combine some sugar, cinnamon, and a pinch of kosher salt for the perfect sweet and salty rim!
- Garnish – Thinly sliced apple, cinnamon sticks, and star anise. Presentation is key, right after taste!
How to make the Best Apple Cider Margaritas:
- Prep glasses. Spread some sugar and a pinch of cinnamon and kosher salt on a small plate. Run a lime wedge around the rim of your glasses and then dip them on the plate. Fill with ice.
- Prep garnishes. Slice an apple into some thin slices. Squeeze some fresh lemon juice on top to prevent browning. Get out your cinnamon sticks and star anise.
- Make drinks. Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Add the tequila, triple sec, freshly squeezed lime juice, and apple cider. Shake vigorously and then pour into the prepared glasses. Garnish with the sliced apples, cinnamon sticks, and star anise.
Enjoy these with some yummy snacks:
These make a perfect Friday Happy Hour spread to go with the margs. My kind of TGIF, but you can make them any day of the week!
- Homemade Pretzel Bites – The perfect snack for carb-lovers, like me!
- Bacon Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese – Who can resist? Bet you can’t eat just one. 😀
- The Best Healthy Hummus Recipe – For all you health nuts. So fun to make too!
Kitchen Tools used for this recipe: (Affiliate Links)
Need another delicious fall cocktail? Try my large-batch Apple Cider Sangria!
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
Best Apple Cider Margaritas
- 4 oz. tequila
- 2 oz. triple sec
- 2 oz. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 6 oz. apple cider
- plenty of ice
- apple slices, star anise, and cinnamon sticks – to serve
- sugar, cinnamon, and kosher salt – to rim
- Prepare your garnishes. Pour some sugar and cinnamon (and kosher salt – optional) on a small plate. Stir it up. Run a lime wedge around the rim of your glasses and then press the rims in the plate to get a nice pretty line. Add ice to the glasses. Slice up some apples and add lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Use a cocktail shaker or a large jar and fill halfway with ice. Pour in the tequila, triple sec, freshly squeezed lime juice, and the apple cider. Shake vigorously for 15 seconds.
- Pour the apple cider margaritas into the prepared glasses. Add some apple slices, cinnamon sticks, and star anise. Enjoy!