Apple Cider Margarita
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share a commission.
Welcome fall with the Best Apple Cider Margarita. This cocktail combines tequila, triple sec, fresh lime juice, and apple cider – and takes just ten minutes to prepare. Garnish these apple cider cocktails with apple slices, cinnamon sticks, and star anise for a wow presentation!
If you’re looking for other varieties, you can’t go wrong with Blackberry Peach Frozen Margaritas, some simple Cranberry Margaritas, or Frozen Pineapple Margaritas. Let’s try them all!
Apple Cider Margaritas
Fall spells COZY, and that means sweatpants and fluffy blankets, beautiful changing trees and outdoor sports, and all the fresh seasonal apples and apple cider we can consume. My favorite time of year just got a little bit better with another apple recipe for y’all.
Like I’ve said before, if there was one cocktail I would take with me on a deserted island, it would be MARGARITAS! I love them all, especially the healthier ones that I make at home – NOT the sugary syrup ones you get at restaurants.
I love sharing apple recipes on here. A few of my favorites include Apple Spice Cake (with Caramel Sauce), Chunky Cinnamon Applesauce and a reader fav, my Apple Pie Banana Bundt Cake. So many delicious things to choose from.
Why we LOVE this recipe:
- Boozy – like a good margarita should be.
- Refreshing – nice and cold from shaking it up in a cocktail shaker.
- Full of fall flavors – yes to apple cider, cinnamon sticks, star anise, and fresh apple slices!
Ingredients needed for the Best Apple Cider Margarita:
- Tequila – Use a good silver tequila if possible. Don’t use the cheap stuff!
- Triple Sec – I prefer Cointreau but any good quality triple sec works too.
- Fresh lime juice – One to two limes is all you need, depending on the quality of the limes.
- Apple Cider – Use the real thing, which is abundant in the stores during the fall.
- For the rim – Combine some sugar and cinnamon, and a pinch of kosher salt for the perfect sweet and salty rim!
- Garnish – Thinly sliced apple, cinnamon sticks, and star anise. Presentation is key, right after taste!
How to make the Best Apple Cider Margaritas:
Prep garnishes. Slice an apple into some thin slices. Squeeze some fresh lemon juice on top to prevent browning. Lay out some cinnamon sticks and star anise.
Prep glasses. Add some sugar and a pinch of cinnamon to a small plate (plus a pinch of salt if you’d like). Run a lime wedge around the rim of your glasses and then dip them on the plate. Fill glass with ice.
I occasionally make large round ice cubes for cocktails, like I did here. Larger cubes make drinks less watery.
Make drinks. Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Add the tequila, Cointreau, freshly squeezed lime juice, and apple cider. Shake vigorously and then pour into the prepared glasses. Garnish with the sliced apples, cinnamon sticks, and star anise.
PRO-TIP: Make a couple batches of this drink, store in a large jar, and then place in your freezer ahead of time to keep the cocktails super cold!
Apple Cider or Apple Juice?
Well, is there a difference? YES! Fresh apple cider is actually raw apple juice that has not undergone a filtration process to remove coarse particles of pulp or sediment. Apple juice is juice that has been filtered to remove solids. It is also pasteurized so that it will stay fresh longer.
If you’re confused, a cloudy cider is the best visual clue that you’re buying the right thing.
What to serve with Apple Cider Margaritas:
We always enjoy an appetizer or two during happy hour. These are a few of my favorite recipes.
- Homemade Pretzel Bites – The perfect snack for carb-lovers, like me!
- Bacon Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese – Who can resist? Bet you can’t eat just one.
- The Best Healthy Hummus Recipe – For all you health nuts. So fun to make too!
- Baked Artichoke Dip – One of our favorites.
Other Favorite Fall Cocktails:
As long as we’re buying fresh apple cider, let’s make all the things!
Kitchen Tools used for this recipe: (Affiliate Links)
Apple Cider Margarita
- 4 oz. tequila – use a good quality vodka, like Ketel One
- 2 oz. triple sec – we prefer using Cointreau
- 2 oz. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 6 oz. apple cider
- plenty of ice
- apple slices, star anise, and cinnamon sticks – to serve
- sugar, cinnamon, and kosher salt – to rim
- Prepare your garnishes. Pour some sugar and cinnamon (and kosher salt – optional) on a small plate. Stir it up. Run a lime wedge around the rim of your glasses and then press the rims in the plate to get a nice pretty line. Add ice to the glasses. Slice up some apples and add lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Use a cocktail shaker or a large jar and fill halfway with ice. Pour in the tequila, triple sec, freshly squeezed lime juice, and the apple cider. Shake vigorously for 15 seconds.
- Pour the apple cider margaritas into the prepared glasses. Add some apple slices, cinnamon sticks, and star anise. Enjoy!
Is it time for Happy Hour? Awesome and fun!
Yes sir! So good!
I am a HUGE margarita fan of any type but would have never thought of using cider. I made them for my Saturday night cocktail and even though the AC is still running (So. Cal) it takes me right to fall!! 🍁🎃 Also the apple makes it so crisp and fresh!! LOVE!!!
I agree 100%! My new favorite fall cocktail! 🙂