Super Simple Cranberry Margaritas combine tequila, orange liqueur, fresh lime juice, and cranberry apple juice. Use a cocktail shaker and plenty of ice to get everything mixed, and a nice salt rim on your glasses. So good!
A good margarita is hard to beat, and this one is not only super tasty, but it’s simple too. A perfect combo for happy hour.
I’ve been testing this recipe a lot, (insert giggle) and mixed up a batch for a group of girlfriends during a recent coffee date to celebrate a birthday. We quickly ditched our coffee, and instead enjoyed a cocktail (or two). An afternoon of stories and laughter was needed, and yes, I do believe these margs might have added to the giggles. Being in our 50’s definitely has it’s perks, and one thing I can’t deny is that if I wanna drink a cocktail with my friends after lunch on a Thursday, then I’m gonna damn well do it. Life has thrown our little group some surprises, not all of them good ones, so although we don’t need alcohol to have fun, we enjoyed every lip-smacking sip.
Super Simple Cranberry Margarita Ingredients:
Let’s shop. Don’t forget to purchase some margarita glasses for the occasion! 🙂
- good quality tequila
- good quality orange liqueur – like Cointreau
- fresh lime juice
- cran-apple juice (or cranberry)
- lots of ice
- kosher salt (to rim the glass)
- lime wedges (to serve)
How to make Cranberry Margaritas:
- Prepare in advance. Squeeze the limes, and store the juice in the refrigerator until serving. Also, make sure your cranberry-apple juice is refrigerated as well.
- Rim the glasses. Pour some kosher salt on a plate. Take a lime wedge and run it around each glass. Dip the glasses in the salt, and place a lime wedge on the rim as well.
- Mix in a cocktail shaker. Pour all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with about 1.5-2 cups of ice – the tequila, orange liqueur, fresh lime juice, and cranberry-apple juice. Shake vigorously.
- Pour and serve. Pour the margaritas into two prepared glasses.
- Repeat, if necessary.
Admittedly, I have a Tex-Mex addiction. (I do live in Texas, ya’ll!) So I have several munchies for you to choose from, to serve with these margs.
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers – spicy, delish, and will make the margs taste THAT much better.
- Mexican Black-Eyed Pea Dip – you can switch out the black-eyed peas for black beans.
- Chunky Guacamole – c’mon, you can never go wrong with guac and chips!
Pro-Tip: While drinking margaritas, EAT! 😀
Today is Fat Tuesday. The day known for over-indulging before a season of fasting and repenting. THIS drink is an excellent choice for the occasion, friends.
- lightly sweetened
- just strong enough
- absolutely delish!
The picture below was taken next to my window, and you can just so slightly see the edge of the pool. So you see, this cocktail is PERFECT for summer weather too. Not just for winter time, when the cold just doesn’t want to get over itself.
Make this margarita recipe next: Classic Skinny Margaritas
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
- 4 oz. tequila - use good quality
- 2 oz. orange liqueur - I use Cointreau
- 2-3 oz. fresh lime juice - freshly squeezed
- 6 oz. cranberry apple juice - bottled juice
- lots of ice
- lime wedges - for serving
- kosher salt - for rim of glasses
Prepare in advance. 1) Squeeze limes and store fresh juice in the refrigerator. 2) Place juice in refrigerator. 3) Place liqueurs cocktail shaker (or jar,), and glasses on your counter.
At party time, prepare margarita glasses. Pour kosher salt on a plate. Take a lime wedge and run it around the rims of your glasses. Dip glasses in salt.
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the tequila, orange liqueur, fresh lime juice, and cranberry apple juice. Shake vigorously.
Pour immediately into two prepared margarita glasses. Garnish with lime. Repeat for additional cocktails.