Summertime is better with Strawberry Lemonade Vodka Slushies! Frozen strawberries and freshly squeezed lemons, combined with vodka, a little bit of honey and ice – make these drinks the hit of the party. Skip the vodka for virgin slushies!
I’m not gonna lie. I like my fruity drinks. But the reason I don’t drink them very often, is because they are LOADED with sugar. I usually stick with beer and wine when we go out on the weekends, because I’m afraid I’ll get some on-tap sugar zapper. You know, the margaritas or daiquiris or sangrias that are in those machines – and they crank them out one after another. “Here’s your blood-sugar-buster ma’am.”
No thanks. I’ll make my own at home.
It’s summertime, and I’m ready to crank out a few lower-sugar belly-slimming drinks right here in my kitchen. YES please.
Ingredients Needed for Strawberry Lemonade Vodka Slushies:
- Frozen Strawberries – Buy the ones with NO sugar added. That way you can control how sweet you take your drinks.
- Fresh Lemons – You know how I am about fresh lemons and limes. SO good, so worth it.
- Vodka – Get a good quality vodka, and avoid the cheap stuff. Your body will thank you for it. OR, skip the vodka altogether for a virgin cocktail.
- A little honey (or sugar) – Use as much or as little as you like.
- Ice – The colder the better, LOL.
- Friends – The more, the merrier, right? 😀
- Fun stuff – Cute mason jars and reusable glass straws for the win! (Not required but kinda fun!)
Anyone wanna come over for cocktails and snacks? 😀
How to make Strawberry Lemonade Vodka Slushies:
- Squeeze the lemons. Using a citrus press (or your hands) squeeze a bunch of lemons, enough to get about 3/4 cup.
- Prep glasses. Pour some sugar on a plate. Take a lemon wedge and run it around the rims of your glasses. Turn them upside down on the plate to get a sugar coated rim. Place some lemon slices on the edge of glasses.
- Mix. In a blender (or Vitamix – I have this one), combine frozen fruit, freshly squeezed lemon juice, vodka, honey, and ice (if needed), and puree until smooth. You may need to do this in two batches if blender isn’t large enough.
- Serve. Pour slushies into glasses, insert straws, and enjoy!
What to serve with your slushies:
- Beef and Bean Nachos – Prep the meat mixture in advance, and then the rest is a breeze.
- Classic Deviled Eggs – I love keeping some of these in the refrigerator for when the boys are home.
- Toasted Pine Nut Hummus – Homemade hummus is the BEST!
I’m ready for some cool summertime drinks. Enjoy!
Make this cocktail next: Classic Skinny Margaritas
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
Summertime is better with Strawberry Lemonade Vodka Slushies! Frozen strawberries and freshly squeezed lemons, combined with vodka, a little bit of honey and ice - make these drinks the hit of the party. Skip the vodka for virgin slushies!
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from about 5 lemons) - freshly squeezed
- 5 cups frozen strawberries - no sugar added
- 1 cup vodka - use good quality
- 4 Tablespoons honey - or more, to taste (OR use simple syrup - see notes below)
- 2-3 cups ice - or to desired consistency
- sugar - to rim glass
- extra lemon slices - to serve
Using a citrus press, squeeze lemons into a jar. This can be done ahead of time and refrigerated.
Prep glasses, by running a lemon slice around the rims. Pour some sugar, and some lemon zest (optional) on to a plate, and press the rims of glasses on plate to get a nice sugared rim.
Using a large blender, combine fresh lemon juice, frozen strawberries, vodka, and honey - and pulse until smooth. Add ice to desired consistency.
To serve, pour slushie mixture into prepared glasses. Add lemon slices to edge of glasses, and enjoy!
- IF YOU LIKE A SWEETER DRINK, skip honey and make a simple syrup instead. Combine 1/3 cup sugar and 1/3 cup water, bring to a boil in small pan. Once sugar dissolves, remove from heat and let cool. Store in refrigerator. Use this instead of honey.
- If desired, use fresh strawberries and additional ice for this recipe.
- You can also pour slush mixture into a container and freeze. To serve, scoop out slush into glasses, and let them melt a bit before drinking, or enjoy with a spoon.
- Use a good quality vodka for these cocktails.
- This recipe makes four 12 oz. drinks. To make it go further, let strawberries thaw, and then add additional ice.
- You can skip the vodka for virgin drinks.