Limoncello Moscow Mules
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share a commission.
Limoncello Moscow Mules are a fun twist on the classic mule. Substitute fresh lemons for limes, and add some limoncello. So refreshing for warm summer nights!
I love a good classic drink, but I also like to put a spin on it once in a while. So when I was out party supply shopping LAST SUMMER (yes, I’ve had it for awhile), I decided to pick up some Limoncello. If Giada likes it, I should too, right? But I left it sit because I couldn’t decide what to do with it.
Until right now!
Enter –> Limoncello Moscow Mules
Ingredients needed for Limoncello Moscow Mules:
- Limoncello – An Italian lemon liqueur made from the zest of lemons, sugar, water, and alcohol. You can make your own, or buy it like I did.
- Vodka – Moscow mules normally contain vodka as the main source of alcohol.
- Lemon Juice – Just a small amount of freshly squeezed lemon juice, for just the right amount of tart.
- Ginger Beer – There are several brands of ginger beer, but I prefer Fever-Tree.
- Lemon Slices – For serving, of course.
`What is a Moscow Mule?
A traditional Moscow mule combines vodka, ginger beer, and lime juice. It is normally served in a copper mug to keep the drink super cold.
This version is a spin on the traditional mule. Another version you might want to try are my Strawberry Mexican Mules.
Party snack ideas for you to make with these mules:
- Honey Roasted Nuts – I recommend making a couple of batches of these easy nuts, and storing them in your freezer for all the happy hours.
- The Best Healthy Hummus Recipe – This is a delicious and healthy recipe, that is perfect for entertaining. Leftovers are great too!
- Lucky Black-Eyed Pea Dip – Because we can always use some lucky dip, right? 😀
Kitchen Tools used for this recipe: (Affiliate Links)
Try these cocktails next: Strawberry Lemonade Vodka Slushies
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
Limoncello Moscow Mules
- 3 oz. limoncello
- 3 oz. good quality vodka
- 1 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 4 oz. ginger beer – I use Fever-Tree
- plenty of ice
- lemon slices – for garnish
- simple syrup – optional
- Fill glasses with plenty of ice. Garnish with lemon slices.
- Add the limoncello, vodka, fresh lemon juice, and ice to a cocktail shaker. Shake shake shake. Pour into glasses. Add Ginger Beer to the top of drinks and stir. Enjoy!
Tips for making THE BEST Limoncello Moscow Mules at home.
- The vodka. Use a good quality vodka. We like Kettle One and Absolute. If you use a cheap version, the taste will suffer.
- The Ginger Beer. Again, use a good quality. We always get Fever Tree, and there IS a light version as well.
- The Limoncello. Don’t buy cheap!
- ALWAYS use fresh lemon juice. This is important.
- Fresh lemon wedges. Gotta make it pretty.
- Ice. I like to use our cocktail shaker for these to get the drinks nice and cold.
- Simple Syrup. Use this if you like your drinks on the sweeter side. Just combine equal parts sugar to water (start with one cup of each), and bring to boil in small saucepan. Cook until sugar is dissolved. Remove and cool in refrigerator well in advance.
- You can also prepare in advance by making sure everything is nice and cold. Sometimes I put the liquors and the lemon juice in the refrigerate pre-party time.
- If using simple syrup, start with an ounce per mug. You can always add more.
I bought all the ingredients to make this recipe I’m super jazzed. It’s not summer where I’m at today, but I’m trying this drink. Thanks for sharing fun recipe.
Need to try this out on my hubby.
I am thinking of making these for a party. Can you make them in a large batch ahead of time?
Yes, you can absolutely make a large batch ahead of time. Enjoy!
Love these. Very ready to make and delicious. Very refreshing summer cocktail.
Thank you so much, Tina!
Definitely needs the simple syrup or it would be too tart. Delicious!!
So glad you enjoyed it!
These look amazing! Is the nutrition count with or without simple syrup?
The nutrition count doesn’t include simple syrup.
We love it too! Thanks!
Moscow Mules are my JAMMMMMMM!! This is a great version perfect for hot summer days!
Thanks, Shari! I’m glad you like these mules!! 🙂
I love a good Moscow Mule and this Limoncello version is an awesome option! It is so refreshing and light…. perfect for the hot summer months. Consider the tip that is mentioned and purchase a copper mug as it takes the drink up another level.