Limoncello Moscow Mules are a fun twist on the classic mule. Substitute fresh lemons for limes, and add some limoncello. So refreshing for warm summer nights!
I love a good classic drink, but I also like to put a spin on it once in a while. So when I was out party supply shopping LAST SUMMER (yes, I’ve had it for awhile), I decided to pick up some Limoncello. If Giada likes it, I should too, right? But I left it sit because I couldn’t decide what to do with it.
Until right now!
Enter –> Limoncello Moscow Mules
Ingredients needed for Limoncello Moscow Mules:
- Limoncello – An Italian lemon liqueur made from the zest of lemons, sugar, water, and alcohol. You can make your own, or buy it like I did.
- Vodka – Moscow mules normally contain vodka as the main source of alcohol.
- Lemon Juice – Just a small amount of freshly squeezed lemon juice, for just the right amount of tart.
- Ginger Beer – There are several brands of ginger beer, but I prefer Fever-Tree.
- Lemon Slices – For serving, of course.
`What is a Moscow Mule?
A traditional Moscow mule combines vodka, ginger beer, and lime juice. It is normally served in a copper mug to keep the drink super cold.
This version is a spin on the traditional mule. Another version you might want to try are my Strawberry Mexican Mules.
Party snack ideas for you to make with these mules:
- Honey Roasted Nuts – I recommend making a couple of batches of these easy nuts, and storing them in your freezer for all the happy hours.
- The Best Healthy Hummus Recipe – This is a delicious and healthy recipe, that is perfect for entertaining. Leftovers are great too!
- Lucky Black-Eyed Pea Dip – Because we can always use some lucky dip, right? 😀
Limoncello Moscow Mules
- 3 oz. limoncello
- 3 oz. good quality vodka
- 1 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 4 oz. ginger beer – I use Fever-Tree
- plenty of ice
- lemon slices – for garnish
- simple syrup – optional
- Fill glasses with plenty of ice. Garnish with lemon slices.
- Add the limoncello, vodka, fresh lemon juice, and ice to a cocktail shaker. Shake shake shake. Pour into glasses. Add Ginger Beer to the top of drinks and stir. Enjoy!
Tips for making THE BEST Limoncello Moscow Mules at home.
- The vodka. Use a good quality vodka. We like Kettle One and Absolute. If you use a cheap version, the taste will suffer.
- The Ginger Beer. Again, use a good quality. We always get Fever Tree, and there IS a light version as well.
- The Limoncello. Don’t buy cheap!
- ALWAYS use fresh lemon juice. This is important.
- Fresh lemon wedges. Gotta make it pretty.
- Ice. I like to use our cocktail shaker for these to get the drinks nice and cold.
- Simple Syrup. Use this if you like your drinks on the sweeter side. Just combine equal parts sugar to water (start with one cup of each), and bring to boil in small saucepan. Cook until sugar is dissolved. Remove and cool in refrigerator well in advance.
- You can also prepare in advance by making sure everything is nice and cold. Sometimes I put the liquors and the lemon juice in the refrigerate pre-party time.
- If using simple syrup, start with an ounce per mug. You can always add more.