Beef and Bean Nachos are a perfect party food that everyone will love. Bake for just 15 minutes, top with your favorite condiments, and dig in. Let’s get this party started!
I don’t know about you, but I love eating nachos for a meal. Not that I do it very often, but hey, every once in awhile I choose to eat “junk” for dinner. Gimme a big ‘ole beer and a tray of nachos (to share, of course), and I’m a happy camper.
The good news with THESE nachos is that they use lean ground beef and real cheese. None of that fake stuff here! 😀
There are so many flavors coming together in these nachos.
Ingredients needed for Beef and Bean Nachos:
- Olive Oil – Used to sauté the onion and garlic.
- Onion & Garlic
- Beef – Use lean ground beef, or any version you prefer. You could even use ground turkey or ground sausage.
- Spices – Cumin, red pepper flakes, kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Beans – Use one can of black beans, or even pinto or cannelloni works too.
- Other canned goods – Mexican, fire-roasted diced tomatoes, and green chilies.
- Chips – I used a combo of corn tortilla chips and blue tortilla chips.
- Cheese – A combo of sliced cheddar cheese and shredded Mexican cheese for maximum cheesiness!
- Toppings – Top the baked nachos with tomato halves, avocado slices, sour cream, and cilantro!
How to make Beef and Bean Nachos:
- Saute veggies. In a medium stock pot over medium high heat, add olive oil. Then add diced onion and cook until softened, approximately 4 minutes. Then add garlic and stir for another 30 seconds.
- Add beef and seasonings. Add the ground beef and seasonings – the cumin, red pepper flakes, kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Cook until the beef is completely done.
- Add canned veggies. Pour in the black beans, Mexicorn, fire-roasted tomatoes, and green chilies. Stir and cook over medium heat until liquids are absorbed. You don’t want soggy nachos!
- Prep for baking. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prep a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Assemble nachos. Layer half of the corn and blue tortilla chips, half of the sliced cheese, half the beef and bean mixture, and repeat – more chips, sliced cheese, and beef and bean mixture. Top with the shredded cheese.
- Bake. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until nachos are slightly browned on top, and cheese is bubbly hot.
- Serve. To serve, add the cherry tomatoes, avocado slices, sour cream, jalapeño slices.
Guess what? I occasionally use this beef and bean mixture for all the Tex-Mex things.
- taco salads
Make this Tex-Mex dish next: The BEST Chunky Guacamole
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
Beef and Bean Nachos
For the meat and beans:
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion - diced
- 2 cloves garlic - diced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- 1 15 oz. can black beans - rinsed and drained
- 1 8 oz. can Mexicorn - drained
- 1 15 oz. can fire-roasted tomatoes - drained
- 1 small can green chilies
For the other nacho ingredients:
- 12 oz. tortilla chips - combination of blue chips and corn chips
- 8 oz. sliced cheddar cheese
- 8 oz. shredded Mexican cheese
- sliced cherry tomatoes, avocado slices, sour cream, cilantro - to serve
For the meat and beans:
- Heat a medium saucepan on the stove and add olive oil. When hot, add onion and sauté until soft and translucent. Add garlic and cook for 30 more seconds.
- Add ground beef, cumin, salt and pepper - and cook until brown and crumbled. Drain excess grease and return to pot.
- Add beans, corn, tomatoes, salsa, and chilies. Stir and continue to cook for about 15 minutes, or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Set aside.
For the nachos:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Layer chips, sliced cheese, meat and bean mixture. Repeat by adding more chips, sliced cheese, meat and bean mixture. Add shredded cheese to the top and bake for approximately 15-20 minutes.
- To serve, top with cherry tomatoes, avocado slices, sour cream, jalapeno slices, and cilantro.