Beef and Bean Nachos are a perfect party food that everyone will love. Bake for just 15 minutes, top with your favorite condiments, and dig in. Let’s get this party started!
There are so many flavors coming together in these nachos.
- blue and regular corn chips
- beef and bean mixture (see recipe below)
- sliced cheddar and shredded Mexican cheese
- avocados and jalapeños
- sour cream
- tomatoes and cilantro
Are you drooling yet? I am!
The meat and bean mixture for these nachos is the same recipe I use for tacos. I actually used the leftovers to create this recipe. It’s one of those recipes that you can use in so many ways, which is why I usually make a double batch of it.
You can use this recipe for..
- taco salads
I used about 5 cups of the beef and bean concoction for the nachos. Using a 15 x 10 sheet pan, just line with parchment paper and then start layering. Make sure you put the cheese slices on top of the chips in order to help them from getting too soggy from the beef and beans.
blue & reg corn chips –> cheddar cheese slices –> beef and bean mixture –> repeat –> favorite toppings
Make this Tex-Mex dish next: Chunky Guacamole
You can stay up-to-date with SueBee Homemaker by:
- signing up for post updates (top right-hand corner of my blog)
- liking my Facebook Page
- and following me on Pinterest
I’m also sharing tidbits of my life on Instagram.
Beef and Bean Nachos are a perfect party food that everyone will love. Bake for just 15 minutes, top with your favorite condiments, and dig in. Let's get this party started!
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion - diced
- 2 cloves garlic - diced
- 1 1/4 pound ground beef - 93% lean
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 15 oz. can black beans - rinsed and drained
- 1 8 oz. can Mexicorn - drained
- 1 15 oz. can fire-roasted tomatoes - drained
- 1/2 cup salsa - any kind
- 1 small can green chilies
- 10 oz. tortilla chips - I used about 1/2 bag of blue and half of corn
- 8 oz. sliced cheddar cheese
- 8 oz. shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 large avocado - sliced
- sour cream light - to serve
- cilantro - to serve
Heat a medium saucepan on the stove and add olive oil. When hot, add onion and sauté until soft and translucent. Add garlic and cook for 30 more seconds.
Add ground beef, cumin, salt and pepper - and cook until brown and crumbled. Drain excess grease and return to pot.
Add beans, corn, tomatoes, salsa, and chilies. Stir and continue to cook for about 15 minutes, or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Line a medium sheet pan with parchment paper. Layer chips, sliced cheese, meat and bean mixture. Repeat by adding more chips, sliced cheese, meat and bean mixture. Add shredded cheese to the top and bake for approximately 15 minutes.
To serve, top with cherry tomatoes, avocado slices, sour cream light, and cilantro.
You will not use all of the meat and beans for these nachos. I use them in tacos too, or even in a taco salad.