This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share a commission.
Swirl Margaritas start with a classic blended margarita and are fancified with a fruit swirl. Just six ingredients to the best frozen cocktails in town! Let’s get this party started!
Like I’ve said before, if there was one cocktail I would take with me on a deserted island, it would be MARGARITAS! I love them all, especially the ones that I make – NOT the sugary syrup ones you get out – with less sugar and good quality alcohol. You can’t go wrong with a Blackberry Peach Frozen Margarita, a simple Cranberry Margarita, or a Strawberry Lemonade Margarita. Let’s drink them aaaallllll!
Oh margaritas. How I love you so! Classic frozen margaritas plus a fruity marg equals the perfect swirl margarita. When it comes to cocktails, these are everything.
- Frozen – For warm evenings which are frequent here in Texas. Our summers are LONG.
- Fruity – The fruity swirl makes these special. Use any fruit that makes you happy!
- Tasty – Use good quality alcohol plus fresh lime juice for the tastiest cocktails.
- Easy – Only six ingredients plus garnishes make these quick and easy.
- Pretty – Oh the swirl!
- Tequila – Use a good quality silver tequila.
- Triple Sec – I prefer to use Cointreau. A bit expensive but worth it.
- Limes – You’ll need several limes for these. Freshly squeezed limes are key to great margaritas!
- Simple Syrup – Just a bit of simple syrup is used in this recipe, but it’s optional.
- Ice – You’ll need lots of ice to add to the blender.
- Frozen Fruit – I used raspberries for this recipe, but you could use any kind of fruit you like to create the swirl.
- To serve – Kosher salt to rim and extra limes to garnish.
How to make swirl margaritas:
- Make the swirl. Add the ingredients to a blender – the tequila, triple sec, freshly squeezed lime juice, and frozen fruit. Blend until smooth and store in the freezer until needed. I like to do this step well in advance of cocktail time.
- Make the classic margarita. Measure the liquids (tequila, triple sec, freshly squeezed lime juice, and simple syrup) and pour in the blender. Add about half the ice and start blender. Continue adding ice until you get your desired consistency.
- Prep glasses. Run a lime wedge around the rim of two glasses. Dip glasses into a plate of kosher salt. Then add lime garnishes.
- Pour. Pour some of the classic margarita in to the glasses, spoon some of the fruity margs, and repeat. Stir with a straw to create a swirl.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I use different fruit? Yes, you can literally use ANY type of fruit you like. For this recipe, I used frozen raspberries but anything will work.
- Are margaritas strong? These margaritas are stronger than some. If you want, use less alcohol or dilute with additional ice.
- Can I prep these in advance. YES, you can make both the classic frozen margs and the swirl margs in advance. Simply pour them in some containers and freeze. At party time, just spoon out the frozen margs into the glasses and let them sit a few minutes to make them easier to drink.
Snacks to enjoy with these margs:
Let’s enjoy some good snacks to go with these yummy margaritas. While I love my Chunky Guacamole (the BEST!), I like to change it up too.
Kitchen Tools Used: (affiliate links)
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
For the classic margaritas:
- 4 oz. silver tequila
- 2 oz. triple sec – I use cointreau
- 2 oz. fresh lime juice – from about 1 1/2 limes
- 1 1/2 oz. simple syrup – optional
- 3-4 cups ice cubes
- kosher salt – to rim the glass
- extra lime slices – to garnish
For the swirl margaritas
- 2 oz. silver tequila
- 1 oz. triple sec
- 1 oz. fresh lime juice
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- Make the swirl. Add the ingredients to a blender – the tequila, triple sec, freshly squeezed lime juice, and the frozen fruit (your choice of fruit). Blend until smooth and store in the freezer until needed. (I prefer to do this step well in advance of party time to get it nice and frozen.) Rinse blender.
- Make the classic margs. To the blender, add the tequila, triple sec, freshly squeezed lime juice, simple syrup (optional) and half of the ice cubes. Pulse until smooth, and then slowly add more ice cubes until you achieve your desired consistency.
- Prepare two glasses. Run a lime wedge around the rims of both glasses and dip in a plate of salt. Then garnish with lime wedges.
- Pour some of the classic margarita in the blasses. Then spoon some of the fruity margs and repeat until glass is full. Stir with a straw to create a swirl.
- Sip with some yummy snacks!
- These margaritas are stronger than some. If you want, use less alcohol or dilute with additional ice.
- You can make both the classic frozen margs and the swirl margs in advance. Simply pour them in some containers and freeze. At party time, just spoon out the frozen margs into the glasses and let them sit a few minutes to make them easier to drink.
These are so yummy!
These aren’t overly sweet, which is perfect for me!
Was able to try these on our recent sisters weekend (yes, SueBee is my sister) several times and I LOVE a good margarita. These are GOOD!! The flavors of the swirl really adds to the classic margarita.
Thanks and I’m glad we got to drink these together! 🙂