Classic Moscow Mules are one of our favorite summer cocktails. A simple mixture of vodka, ginger beer, FRESH lime juice, and plenty of ice. Easy and so refreshing for warm evenings.
Don’t you love a good classic drink?
I do. Mike and I got hooked on these years ago after having the best dang Moscow mule during an anniversary dinner. It was perfectly iced, which is REALLY important to me in the summer, (because you know, Texas summer = HOT) and the flavor was perfecto.
With a capital P.
- The vodka. Use a good quality vodka. We like Kettle One and Absolute. If you use a cheap version, the taste will suffer.
- The Ginger Beer. Again, use a good quality. We always get Fever Tree, and there IS a light version as well.
- ALWAYS use fresh lime juice. This is important.
- Fresh lime wedges. Gotta make it pretty.
- Ice. As soon as you add ice to the copper mugs, they get super cold.
We love using our copper mugs. They sell them everywhere now, but you can also buy them on Amazon.
During the summer, I try to get everything nice and cold. I measure everything out and place it in the refrigerator a couple of hours in advance.
Kitchen Tools used for this recipe: (Affiliate Links)
Make this cocktail next: Blackberry Peach Frozen Margaritas
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
Classic Moscow Mules
- 4 oz. good quality vodka
- 8 oz. ginger beer
- 3 oz. lime juice
- lime wedges
- plenty of ice
- For best results, make sure all ingredients are cold before making these cocktails.
- Using two copper mugs (or any mug/glass), add several ice cubes. Pour 2 oz. of vodka, 4 oz. of ginger beer, and 1.5 oz. lime juice to each mug. Stir well, and add a lime wedge (or two).
- Enjoy (responsibly)!