Introducing The BEST Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette! This simple four ingredient (plus seasonings) recipe is great on so many salads, and you’ll be making it again and again.
Pour this delicious vinaigrette on my Loaded Fall Harvest Salad (but hey, this is good any time of year), this Simple Quinoa Salad with Goat Cheese, and a tasty Kale and Quinoa Salad. Or try it on my recent Cruciferous Salad! So much flavor and versatile too!
Homemade Salad Dressings
In between testing all the cookie and bread recipes, I’m a fan of making a HUGE green salad almost every week. I usually change the types of greens and toppings, but THIS dressing makes an appearance more than most. It goes so well with almost anything, from a simple side salad (as shown in these photos) or with a main course salad with chicken or shrimp.
Pro-Tip: Make this vinaigrette in advance and let it sit on the counter before consuming. It will thicken slightly as it sits, and you’ll want to shake it vigorously before serving to get everything mixed well.
Need other delicious dressings for your weekly salads? Try my Light Honey Mustard Dressing – so good on a Cobb salad or a simple side! Also, our Creamy Italian Dressing is a great basic dressing for an Italian Chopped Salad or a tasty Italian Grinder Sandwich.
Such a simple mix of ingredients, and I keep these on hand at all times.
- Olive Oil – I love a good extra-virgin olive oil for this vinaigrette.
- Balsamic Vinegar – So much flavor in balsamic vinegar, which is why it makes a perfect ingredient for dressing.
- Dijon Mustard – Creates a creamy texture.
- Honey – For some extra sweetener.
- Seasonings – I used a combo of garlic powder, kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
Some mains to go with a delicious salad:
- Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Breasts – Full of healthy proteins with a delicious filling.
- Creamy Shrimp Risotto with Bacon – A “date night” meal that your loved ones will enjoy.
- Grilled Poblano Burgers with Apricot Preserves – Fire up the grill for these amazing burgers!
- Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon – My most popular salmon recipe is also one of our favorites.
- How long does honey balsamic vinaigrette last? This dressing lasts at least a week. I store it in the refrigerator and set it out an hour or so before using it in salads. It can get a bit firm when it’s chilled.
- Is this dressing healthy? This dressing has a nice balance of ingredients, with healthy fats and tangy vinegar. The honey adds some sweetness and you can reduce the amount if desired.
- What does balsamic dressing taste like? A rich, full taste in your mouth, with hints of sweet, tangy, and creamy. It doesn’t get any better!
Kitchen Tools used for this recipe: (Affiliate Links)
Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper – to taste
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all dressing ingredients and whisk well. Pour into a mason jar.
- This vinaigrette will thicken slightly as it sits. Shake the jar vigorously.