This Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad is a hearty and satisfying main dish salad, with plenty of proteins and good fats. Top it off with a delicious apple cider vinaigrette!
After 24 years of Texas living, I’m finally getting used to the HOT summers. I still don’t like them and I know people who actually LOVE the hot summers. CrAzY, if you ask me. But I’m glad I’m not in the midst of a pregnancy (like I was with my oldest back in 1996). And I’m pretty happy to not be sitting out at ballgame after ballgame with the kids during their summertime sports.
We’ve had a pool for 16 years of our 24 years in Texas, but I admit that we don’t use it like we used to when the kids were young and wanted to swim 24/7. I miss those days. But I’m pretty ok with taking a quick dip in the pool after a long bike ride with Mike, or laying on a pool mattress for 30 minutes on a Saturday (because any more than that…and wrinkles).
Speaking of hot weather, the things I crave the most when it’s hot and sticky outside, are BIG salads. The bigger, the better. This Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad uses leftover chicken we grilled the other night. I always make a bunch of extra for these types of meals. I used pretty much the same marinade that I used for my Chicken Fajita Salads.
This simple marinade.
- olive oil
- Frank’s hot sauce
- red pepper flakes and S & P
- Worcestershire Sauce (this is an added ingredient)
I’ve recently been using an Instant Read Meat Thermometer and it’s just pure genius. We’ve had the most perfectly cooked chicken since investing a mere $10. All I have to say is, BUY ONE! Mike took the chicken off the grill at 160 – 165 degrees and we let it sit for about five minutes before slicing.
This salad is protein packed.
- grilled chicken
- feta cheese
So you see, even the boys in your family will be content after a meal like this one. And then you can afford to eat dessert.
Try this salad recipe next: Italian Chopped Salad with Creamy Italian Dressing
You can stay up-to-date with SueBee Homemaker by:
- signing up for post updates (top right-hand corner of my blog)
- liking my Facebook Page
- and following me on Pinterest
I’m also sharing tidbits of my life on Instagram.
Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad
For the salad:
- 8 – 10 cups salad greens – any greens
- 1/4 cup green onions – chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes – sliced in half
- 2 large hardboiled eggs – cubed
- 6 slices bacon – chopped
- 2 cups grilled chicken – chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese – crumbled
- 1 large avocado – sliced
For the apple cider vinaigrette:
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoons honey
- salt and pepper – to taste
- Mix together the vinaigrette by combining all ingredients. Shake well and store in refrigerator until serving.
- For the salad, arrange lettuce in four main course salad bowls. Add all ingredients, arranging in any pattern you like.
- To serve, drizzle dressing on salads.