Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with our colorful array of margaritas, crafted to perfection with a variety of flavors and styles. From classic lime to fancier fruit-infused blends, our Cinco de Mayo Margaritas promise a delicious and refreshing taste experience for all of your festive gatherings. Cheers!
Cinco de Mayo
For all you history buffs out there, Cinco de Mayo is NOT Mexico’s Independence Day (which is actually September 16). Cinco de Mayo is an American-Mexican holiday, celebrating the David-over-Goliath victory of a rag-tag group of unemployed Americans over the well-organized French forces of Napoleon III. This victory took place at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862, under the leadership of General Ignacio Zaragoza.
We started celebrating this day to educate Mexican Americans about their cultural heritage. But now I think we celebrate as an excuse to indulge in our favorite Mexican food and drink.
Why We Love Margaritas:
- SIMPLE TO MAKE – Most of our margaritas are simple and fun to make. The layered fruity margs are a little more time consuming but not too much.
- CONTAIN TEQUILA – I’m a tequila girl so I’m always all-in on margaritas! We also use tequila in our Grapefruit Paloma and Sangria Margarita.
- FUN PARTY DRINKS – When we’re throwing a party, a margarita is always the perfect party drink. We have LONG summers here in Texas so a chilled marg is nice.
Basic Ingredients for The Best Margaritas:
We’ve got a growing collection of the best margaritas in town and we can’t be stopped! Here are some basics when it comes to making the perfect margarita.
- Tequila – Choose a quality silver tequila for your margaritas. There is no need to buy a high-end tequila (that is generally served for sipping on it’s own) but don’t go with a cheap version either.
- Cointreau – Many of our recipes use Cointreau but this is not required. It’s a more expensive version of triple sec and gives amazing flavor to margaritas.
- Fresh lime juice – One of the most important ingredients for fresh margs is freshly squeezed lime juice. I recommend using large limes to get lots of juice when squeezing.
- Sweetener – While you don’t NEED a sweetener, many people prefer using either simple syrup or Agave Nectar in their drinks.
- Juice or Fruit – These are often used in some of our fruit-infused blends. We’ve used fresh watermelon juice, frozen pineapples, frozen cherries, etc.
- Lots of Ice – Make sure you have plenty of ice on hand when making margaritas. You’ll use in cocktail shakers, blenders, or straight up on the rocks.
- Chill your ingredients. If you’re making margaritas, go ahead and measure our the tequila (and Cointreau) and place in the refrigerator or freezer several hours before it’s party time.
- Keep extra limes. You’ll be surprised at how many limes you need for margarita making, so I recommend having extra handy.
- Make them pretty. We love adding a salt rim and garnishes. I also love using some fun glasses (some are linked below).
9 Delicious Margarita Recipes:
What to serve with Margaritas:
We’ve got lots of choices for appetizers to pair with a delicious margarita!
- Cowboy Caviar with Avocado
- Chips and Chunky Guacamole
- Mexican Street Corn
- Baked Goat Cheese Dip
- Burrata with Roasted Tomatoes
Kitchen Tools used for our Margarita Recipes:
- Vitamix – Or use any large blender.
- Citrus Press – This press comes in handy for squeezing all the limes.
- Cocktail Shaker – For any margaritas that don’t require a blender.
- Margarita Glasses – These are perfect for large servings!
- Gold-Rimmed Margarita Glasses – These are smaller glasses and perfect for margaritas.