Tropical Tequila Sangria combines your favorite Sauvignon Blanc wine with fresh lime juice, tequila, lime simple syrup, and fresh fruit. Make a large batch for your next backyard or tropical party!
Party Season is here ya’ll, and it’s time to whip up a batch of your favorite cocktails for a warm night on the patio. Better yet, mix THIS one up and pretend you’re in the tropics with your best friends.
I love a large batch cocktail to serve for parties. Prep in advance, and then there is no need to hop up every time someone needs a second. Just keep the pitcher handy, and have plenty of extra in the refrigerator.
Ingredients Needed for Tropical Tequila Sangria:
- Simple Syrup Ingredients: You’ll need water, sugar, and fresh limes.
- White Wine: I prefer Sauvignon Blanc for this recipe.
- Tequila: Use a silver tequila that isn’t super cheap. Better quality means no headache.
- Fresh Limes: I suggest buying a bag of limes for all the summery cocktails.
- Fresh Fruit: Use anything you like here. I added lemon, lime, and orange slices, as well as fresh berries.
- To Serve: Add more fresh fruit and a bit of Sprite, if desired.
Instead of going to the tropics to make this cocktail, we decided to stay home and sit by our pool. We call it the “money pit” because in addition to the re-surfacing we’ve done over the years, the mounds of leaves that drop from our oak trees in both spring and fall have caused some serious greenish problems. However, you can see that the blue is back just in time for our tropical party!
How to Make Tropical Tequila Sangria:
- Make a lime simple syrup. In a small saucepan, combine the water and sugar. Boil until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, and add about 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed lime juice. Cool and store in a mason jar in the refrigerator, until it’s party time.
- Mix. In a large pitcher, add the bottle of white wine, the tequila, the 1/2 cup of freshly squeezed lime juice, and the simple syrup. Stir to combine, and keep cool in the refrigerator.
- To serve, add ice to the glasses (along with a salt rim, if desired), and pour sangria. Decorate with fresh fruit and add a splash of sprite, if desired.
This batch make about six medium sized cocktails. For a large group, I recommend doubling this recipe.
What to serve with Tequila Sangrias:
Let’s talk about what you should make with these sangrias. All parties should have some great snacks!
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers – You can pop these on the grill instead of the oven, if you’d like!
- Black-Eyed Pea Dip – Sub black beans for the black-eyed peas.
- Cheesy Pesto Party Bread – I love to keep pesto handy for the last minute party bread. So yummy!
- Baked Artichoke Dip – My youngest son’s fav, and once you try it, you’ll see why. 😀
So many other great recipes on the blog, just for YOU. Enjoy!
Kitchen Tools used for this recipe: (Affiliate Links)
Make this cocktail next: Classic Salty Dogs
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
Tropical Tequila Sangria
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice, divided
- 1/2 cup silver tequila – good quality
- 1 bottle white wine, chilled – Sauvignon Blanc
- Sprite – to serve
- sliced up fruit – such as oranges, lemons, limes, raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries
- Make a lime simple syrup. Add water and sugar to a small saucepan. Boil the mixture until sugar is dissolved. Remove, add about 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed lime juice, and let cool. Then refrigerate to store.
- To a large pitcher, pour in one bottle of white wine, the silver tequila, the remaining lime juice, and the simple syrup.
- Meanwhile, slice up the fresh fruit. Add some of it to the pitcher, and reserve some for serving. Refrigerate.
- To serve, add ice to the glasses, and fill with Sangria to about 3/4 full. Add the Sprite, and additional fruit, if desired.