Italian Hearts of Palm Salad
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share a commission.
Italian Hearts of Palm Salad – fresh and vibrant and full of greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, black olives, hearts of palm, and a red wine vinaigrette!
You know what I love most about this salad? The COLOR! It screams summer to me and who doesn’t love summer? Even though it’s super hot here in Texas during the summer months, summer will always be filled with happy memories for me. Memories of my youth when my family spent some of our best times at Lake Okoboji in Iowa. Memories of swimming and playing outside. More recent summer memories include watching our oldest son play baseball, and pool parties with the boys and their friends.
Ingredients for an easy salad.
- The baby arugula has an amazing peppery taste and works perfectly with this salad.
- Hearts of palm are the main feature in this salad. They are a crunchy vegetable that are harvested from the center of the cabbage palm tree. The taste resembles an asparagus/artichoke combination. They come in a can and are quick to just chop up and add to the salad.
- Black olives provide the salty punch, which you will love if you like olives.
- Feta cheese is the perfect strong cheese for this salad.
- English cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and red onion are healthy and give more crunch to your meal.
- The red wine vinaigrette dressing takes the taste of this Italian Salad to a new level. It’s tangy and slightly sweet, thanks to the honey in it. The best salad topper.
Make this salad recipe next: Arugula Caprese Salad
You can stay up-to-date with SueBee Homemaker by:
- signing up for post updates (top right-hand corner of my blog)
- liking my Facebook Page
- and following me on Pinterest
I’m also sharing tidbits of my life on Instagram.
Italian Hearts of Palm Salad
For the salad:
- 10-12 cups lettuce greens – I used arugula and green lettuce leafs
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes – sliced in half
- 1/2 whole English cucumber – sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion – thinly sliced
- 1 cup feta cheese – crumbled
- 1/2 cup black olives – drained
- 15 oz. can hearts of palm – drained and sliced
- basil leaves – for topping
For the red wine vinaigrette:
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper – to taste
- Arrange salad ingredients in large bowl.
- Prepare dressing by mixing the vinegar, olive oil, honey, and salt and pepper. Poor over salad to serve.
Sue, this is a truly amazing salad! The combination of flavors was summer at its best.
I used about half the greens, all arugula and blue cheese instead of feta. The dressing was perfect to tie the flavors together. This is a winner, thanks…
Thank you Debbie! I’m so glad you enjoyed it! 🙂
Yum, I’m making it this week, as soon as I buy some hearts of palm!
Well, go get some!! 🙂