Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing combines blue cheese crumbles with mayonnaise, buttermilk, sour cream, apple cider vinegar, and seasonings. This delicious salad dressing pairs well with a wedge salad or other green salads!
Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
Making homemade dressings is SO worth it, ya’ll. You know exactly what ingredients you’re consuming, you can make large or small quantities, and they taste better too!
Ditch those old expired dressings that are sitting in your refrigerator and start making your own!
- Blue Cheese Crumbles
- Sour Cream
- Apple Cider Vinegar
How to make Blue Cheese Dressing:
Combine ingredients. In a bowl (or a mason jar), combine the ingredients – the blue cheese crumbles, mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, apple cider vinegar, and seasonings (the garlic powder, salt, and pepper).
Mix well. Use a teaspoon and mix well to combine.
Add dressing to salads. Add the blue cheese dressing to green salads like my Classic Wedge Salad.
You can use plain Greek yogurt in place of the sour cream. If you want a thicker dressing, add a little bit less buttermilk. Likewise, if you want it to be thinner, add a little more buttermilk or extra apple cider vinegar.
You can adjust the serving size directly in the recipe card to make a larger batch of dressing.
This dressing has a nice balance of ingredients, with plenty of protein and calcium. It also has a fair amount of fat and calories so it’s best to not use in excess.
Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper – to taste
- Combine the salad dressing ingredients in a bowl or a mason jar – the blue cheese crumbles, mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, apple cider vinegar, and seasonings (garlic powder, kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper).
- Mix dressing well.
- Store dressing in the refrigerator.