Skinny Chipotle Ranch Dressing combines Greek yogurt and light mayo with all the southwest flavors. This dressing is the perfect topper for salads, tacos, burrito bowls, and even for dipping fries and veggies!
Ya’ll. We are OBSESSED with this dressing. I’ve been making it regularly…like as in weekly. Because it’s not only great on everything, but it’s pretty light too. Take a quick peek at the nutrition label below!
Ingredients needed for Skinny Chipotle Ranch Dressing:
Let’s go shopping. You should be able to find all of these ingredients at your regular grocery store.
- Greek Yogurt – Grab some plain Greek yogurt. I usually buy two of the 5.3 oz. containers.
- Mayo – Go with whatever mayo you prefer. I like the mayo with olive oil.
- Cilantro – You will need one bunch, but won’t use it all.
- Chipotle Peppers – You can buy the whole chipotle peppers with adobe sauce (in a can) and de-seed them, or just buy the diced chipotles in a jar. I occasionally buy La Costena Diced Chipotle Peppers and keep them on hand for a lot of other recipes. If using the whole peppers, I usually use one small pepper (with seeds) and then a tablespoon of just the adobe sauce.
- Lime – Use more if you like a more liquid-y dressing, and less if you like it thicker.
- Spices – All you need is paprika, onion powder, salt and pepper.
How to make Skinny Chipotle Ranch Dressing:
- Combine all of the wet ingredients in a small mixing bowl – the Greek yogurt, mayo, and diced chipotles.
- If using the whole chipotles, slice them in half, and remove the seeds. Then dice them up, and spoon some of the chipotles and some sauce into the bowl. (I like this a bit spicier, so I use the seeds.)
- Chop the cilantro finely. Measure out a packed 1/3 cup (or more!).
- Squeeze the lime over the bowl, using your hands or a citrus press.
- Add the seasonings.
- Mix well, and spoon the dressing into a mason jar. Store in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
This skinny recipe can be so many things. A dressing, a dip, or a sauce.
Ways to eat this super delicious (and addicting) chipotle dressing:
- We are in a major Sweet Potato Fries craze, and this dressing is the perfect dipping sauce.
- I LOVE drizzling it over my Skinny Taco Salad AND my Flank Steak Fajita Salad!
- It also goes great with my boys’ fav, Easy Taco Crunch Wraps.
- I’m going to try it with my Easy Fish Tacos next, instead of the Avocado Crema.
- Also, how good would be over my Grilled Chicken Burrito Bowls?!
Pro-Tip: Make up a batch of this dressing, and try it on all the things! 😀
Make this Tex-Mex marinade next: Best Ever Tex-Mex Marinade
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
- 10 oz. plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup light mayo
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cilantro - packed
- 2 Tablespoons chipotle peppers (in adobe sauce) - seeds optional
- 1 large lime - freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper - to taste
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, and stir well.
Store in an airtight container, or mason jar, in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
- We love this dressing over salads and burrito bowls, as a dip for crunch wraps and sweet potato fries, a sauce for fish tacos, and so many other things. Enjoy!