White Russian Cocktails are a simple three ingredient recipe. Combine vodka, Kahlúa, and half and half over ice for the most delicious after-dinner drink!
Creamy after-dinner cocktails are my jam. They serve as a cocktail AND a dessert in my book, aka ADULT MILKSHAKES, and I’m fine with drinking my dessert as long as it’s delicious. We save these for special occasions, of course, because they are on the indulgent side.
Do you know how the White Russian differs from the Black Russian? Let me tell you!
The Black Russian is simply coffee liqueur (Kahlúa, in this case) and vodka. The White Russian adds the dairy component – half and half in this case – in addition to the the coffee liqueur and vodka. Both are delish, and now you have two simple additions to your bar tending arsenal. You’re welcome!
Ingredients needed for White Russian Cocktails:
A VERY simple three ingredient cocktail plus ice. SO quick and easy. You can, of course, play with the proportions according to your taste buds, but we like this concoction. A lot!
- Vodka – Use a good quality. We prefer Kettle One.
- Kahlúa – Kahlúa is a coffee liqueur from Veracruz, Mexico, containing rum, sugar, and 100% arabica coffee. (Wikipedia)
- Half and Half – Feel free to use another dairy option of your choosing.
- Ice – I made round ice cubes because they are cute 🙂 and don’t melt as fast as smaller cubes.
How to make these White Russians:
Simply, 1) place ice in glasses, 2) pour in the Kahlúa and vodka, and then 3) top with half and half. Then sip, sip, sip.
Some perfect snacks to go with these cocktails:
- Cinnamon Sugar Candied Pecans – These store great in the freezer, so make them ahead of time.
- Bacon Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese – Simple but so addictive! You definitely need to try these.
- Roasted Tomato Bruschetta with Ricotta – This one is a regular for our Friday Night Charcuterie Board. You’ll love it, trust me!
Kitchen Tools used for this recipe: (Affiliate Links)
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
White Russian Cocktail Recipe
- 3 oz. vodka
- 4 oz. Kahlúa
- 5 oz. half and half – or a dairy option of your choosing
- ice – I made round ice cubes
- Prepare glasses with ice cubes.
- Pour the vodka and Kahlúa in the glasses. Top with the half and half.
- Sip away!