Triple Chocolate Brownies are a chocolate lover’s dream. Loaded with three different types of chocolate, these brownies are dense, moist, and fudgy. Perfect for any occasion during any time of the year!
As my blog continues, I’m becoming more and more of a chocolate lover. Maybe it’s an age thing (hello menopause!), because in the old days, I always went for something fruity or creamy, and ice cream was basically IT. Usually one bite of something does it, which is why those Dove Chocolate bites come in super handy. I decided it was time for a basic brownie recipe. But basic this is NOT, because I loaded it with chocolate.
Ingredients needed for Triple Chocolate Brownies:
- Butter – Use melted unsalted butter for this recipe.
- Sugar – You’ll need a combo of granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Vanilla – I love the Watkin’s Vanilla brand.
- Eggs – Four eggs!
- Salt – I love using kosher salt in all of my recipes.
- Flour – A small amount of flour helps create a fudgy consistency.
- Chocolate! – Three different types of chocolate, including unsweetened baking bar, baking cocoa, and dark chocolate chips.
What is the difference between chewy and fudgy brownies?
Chewier brownies use more flour in the recipe than fudgy ones, resulting in a chewy bite rather than a dense texture. These brownies are definitely more on the fudgy side, using only 1/2 cup of flour.
How to make Triple Chocolate Brownies:
- Prep. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- Combine wet ingredients. In a large bowl, melt the butter, and stir in sugars. Then add vanilla and eggs.
- Melt unsweetened chocolate bar. Melt the chocolate in a small bowl at 50% power until the chocolate is creamy. Check often and avoid burning. Add the melted chocolate to the wet ingredients, and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients. To the mixing bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Add chocolate chips. Then add the chocolate chips to the bowl and combine.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan. Pour the batter into the pan that is prepared with parchment paper, smoothing to all sides of the pan. Add a few extra chocolate chips to the top of the brownie batter.
- Bake. Bake the brownies for approximately 30 – 32 minutes at 350 degrees. If you like a gooey brownie, bake for less time.
- Cool slightly. Remove brownies from pan, and let sit for about 10 minutes, and then remove the brownies to a cooling rack, using the parchment paper to carefully lift them out.
- Slice and EAT. Slice the brownies into 16 even pieces, and eat them warm!
One really great trick to baking brownies and bars, is to cover your pan in parchment paper so that they lift easily out of the pan. Make sure the parchment paper hangs over all sides so that you can grab a hold of the paper. Once you remove them, they are super easy to cut. The bigger bonus is that your pan is completely clean!
One more thing. If you don’t eat these brownies on the first day, I recommend warming them up in the microwave, and topping with vanilla ice cream. Brownies tend to get dry quickly, due to the cocoa powder in them. But they become alive again after a quick “nuke”! See below!
Kitchen Tools I used for these brownies:
- USA 8×8 Pan – LOVE using these pans that are made in the good ole USA. They are now my favorite pans for baking.
- Parchment Paper – This is the paper I keep stocked in my kitchen for all my baking and roasting.
- Cooling Rack – These are a must if you love to bake like I do.
Make these chocolate brownies next: Texas Sheet Cake Brownies
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
Triple Chocolate Brownies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter – melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 2 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate bar – I use Baker's
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa – I use Hershey's unsweetened
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- a sprinkle of kosher salt – add after baking
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare square pan by placing parchment paper in pan so that it hangs over the edges by a few inches.
- Melt butter in medium bowl. Add sugars and stir. Add vanilla and eggs.
- Melt unsweetened baking chocolate in microwave, using 50% power to avoid burning it. Stir the chocolate into the mixing bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to mixing bowl – the salt, flour, and cocoa. Mix well. Then add the dark chocolate chips.
- Pour brownie batter into square pan, smoothing it so that it is level.
- Bake for approximately 30-32 minutes. If you want them to be more gooey, you can bake them for less time.
- Let brownies cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing brownies to cooling rack, using parchment paper edges to remove.
- Eat them while they’re warm! 🙂