Chocolate Martinis are the best dessert cocktails that combine chocolate liqueur, vodka, creme de cocoa, and half and half. Use a cocktail shaker and ice for a super cold and creamy drink. Your guests will be impressed with this special occasion indulgence!
Every now and then, you need that special cocktail. The drink that impresses guests, and acts as a night cap after a nice meal. The icing on the cake, in other words. Well, this is it. THIS is the cocktail that acts like a dessert with some flair. Sweet, chocolate-y, and boozy, all at once.
My husband and I love our after dinner drinks, especially over the holidays in front of the sparkles from the Christmas tree. If we’re not sipping on a chocolate martini, then we’re probably enjoying a Frozen Grasshopper Drink or a Frozen Kahlua Cocktail. So much deliciousness.
Ingredients needed for Chocolate Martinis:
- Chocolate Liqueur – Use a good quality chocolate liqueur. I used the Godiva brand, and it was DELISH.
- Vodka – A good quality vodka is also recommended here. No headaches allowed!
- Creme de Cocoa – You’ll need just a touch of this for these cocktails.
- Half and Half – This is the ingredient that makes this drink super creamy. So much yum.
- Chocolate Shavings – An optional ingredient, but it makes the drink oh-so-pretty. Don’t you think?
BTW, I purchased these martini glasses, and they are such great quality. I highly recommend.
How to make the best Chocolate Martinis:
These take only a few minutes to prepare. Just have the chocolate shavings ready, and the alcohol handy, and you’re five minutes to sipping time.
- Prep the martini glasses. On a small plate with edges, pour a little bit of half and half inside. Dip the rim of the glasses inside, and then dip in another plate of chocolate shavings.
- Mix cocktail. Using a cocktail shaker, fill halfway with ice. Add the liqueurs – the chocolate liqueur, vodka, creme de cocoa – and the half and half to the shaker. Vigorously shake until ingredients are well combined and the drink is nice and cold. Then pour into the prepared glasses.
- Serve. Add a few more chocolate shavings to the top of the drink (optional), and serve. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can you make chocolate martinis ahead of time? Yes, you can mix all the ingredients together ahead of time, and store in the refrigerator. When ready to consume, just pour some in the cocktail shaker with ice – and shake, pour, and enjoy. Your guests can also do this as well.
How do you make chocolate shavings? Just use a potato peeler to make shavings straight from a chocolate bar. For this recipe, I used a dark chocolate bar.
What if I don’t have a cocktail shaker? You can use a mason jar to shake these up. The purpose is to get them really cold, and so make sure you use some ice too.
Try this cocktail next: Holiday Cranberry Apple Sangria
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
- 4 oz. chocolate liqueur
- 2 oz. creme de cocoa
- 4 oz. vodka
- 4 oz. half and half
- chocolate shavings - to rim the glass
- Prepare martini glasses by running some half and half around the rim. Dip the glasses in chocolate savings.
- Combine the chocolate liqueur, creme de cocoa, vodka, and half and half in a cocktail shaker (half filled with ice). Shake vigorously and pour into two martini glasses.
- Top with additional chocolate shavings, and serve.