Cinnamon Sugar Candied Pecans are a staple in our house over the Holidays. A perfect salad topper, but an even better snack! Watch out – these are addicting!
These nuts were a huge hit on my blog last year over the Holidays. So I decided to do a make-over on the post (like I’ve been doing to all of my beginning recipes), and ended up tweaking the recipe as well. I basically just decided that I could coat A LOT more of the pecans with almost the same amount of coating.
- I added an egg white,
- and more than doubled the nuts.
I also increased the oven temp to 275 degrees, and the pecans were nice and crunchy in just 45 minutes (don’t forget to stir every 15 minutes or so). You should also stay rather close to your oven during the last 15 minutes of baking. All ovens are slightly different and you don’t want to burn these because 1) waste, and 2) smell!
These nuts make an awesome gift. Pour some into cute little mason jars with a message and some ribbon, and give them to:
- and your next dinner host.
They are going to love them!
I have to give a special shout out to Zach, our youngest son, who made them during his senior year in high school. The bowl I used for these shots is one that Zach made in his Ceramics Class in school. He’s loves Ceramics and says it’s a “stress reducer”. I have his art work all over the house, and he reminds me if I don’t. 🙂
Try this snack mix next: Spicy Chex Party Mix
You can stay up-to-date with SueBee Homemaker by:
- signing up for post updates (top right-hand corner of my blog)
- liking my Facebook Page
- and following me on Pinterest
I’m also sharing tidbits of my life on Instagram.
Cinnamon Sugar Candied Pecans
- 4 cups pecan halves
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
Preheat the oven to 275 degrees.
Whip the egg whites and salt until frothy. Add the vanilla and sugar and beat until whites start to form a stiff peak.
- Add cinnamon and nutmeg and mix. Fold in the pecans and stir to coat.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the pecans to the pan and spread out evenly.
Bake for approximately 45 minutes, stirring them every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Store in airtight container or ziplock bags.
- Watch your oven closely during last half of baking. These tend to burn very quickly, and since all ovens are different, be careful towards the end.
- Gift Idea: Pour candied nuts in a mason jar, tie some pretty ribbon around it with a sweet message. 🙂