Easy Caramelized Pecans
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share a commission.
Easy Caramelized Pecans are a staple in our house over the Holidays. A perfect salad topper, but an even better snack! Watch out – these are addicting!
Roasting nuts is a huge game changer. Try some sweet and spicy Honey Roasted Nuts, the classic Rosemary Roasted Cashews, or some easy Best Candied Walnuts next!
Best Candied Pecans
These candied pecans never last long in our house. They are one of those snacks that you nibble on every time you walk by a jar on the counter (where I occasionally keep them). We also love adding them to salads around the holidays, especially my Candied Pecan and Apple Holiday Salad. But they are also great on any green salad, in my opinion.
I recommend making up a couple of batches of these, and storing them in the freezer. They actually taste great frozen too!
- Pecans – Use pecan halves, not pieces (if possible).
- Egg Whites – Two egg whites are required.
- Salt – A touch of kosher salt to balance the sweet.
- Vanilla – Just a dash needed. Use pure vanilla extract for best results.
- Sugar – You’ll need regular granulated sugar for these pecans.
- Cinnamon & Nutmeg – Fall spices that are perfect flavor enhancers.
How to make Caramalized Pecans:
This is a super easy recipe, and a perfect one for the holidays.
Prep. Preheat oven to 275 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Combine the cinnamon sugar mixture. In a mixing bowl, whisk egg whites and salt until frothy. Then add the vanilla, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg, and whisk again.
Add pecans. Pour the pecans in the mixing bowl, and stir to mix well, coating all the nuts.
Bake. Spread pecans on the baking sheet, smoothing evenly to all sides of the pan. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. When cool enough to handle, break the nuts apart.
Eat! Dare ya to stop at just one! LOL
Candied Pecans make an awesome gift.
Pour some into cute little mason jars with a message and some ribbon, and give them to:
- and your next dinner/party host.
Kitchen Tools Used: (affiliate links)
Try this snack mix next: Spicy Chex Party Mix
Easy Caramelized Pecans
- 4 cups pecan halves
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees.
- Whisk the egg whites and salt until frothy. Add the vanilla, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg, and whisk again. Fold in the pecans and mix again to coat.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the pecans to the pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes, stirring them every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Store in airtight container or ziplock bags.
- Watch your oven closely during last half of baking. These tend to burn very quickly, and since all ovens are different, be careful towards the end.
- These freeze well, in freezer bags, for several months.
- Gift Idea: Pour candied nuts in a mason jar, tie some pretty ribbon around it with a sweet message. 🙂
Sweet with a hint of holiday spice and crunchy goodness. Great on top of a salad, or as a addictive snack. Will definitely make again!
Thanks for your feedback, Janene! 🙂
These are perfect to make for the holidays!
Yes they are, Anne! Enjoy!
I have come across a lot of recipes for candied nuts. Yours works! TY
Pecans are one of my favourite nuts, especially when they are coated with something yummy! Great snack and homemade gift idea!
Thanks Wanda! They make wonderful gifts.
I can’t wait to try this recipe!
I hope you do!
I love candied pecans! I like to think they’re somewhat healthy, because nuts are healthy, and I get to have my sugar fix too! Teehee
I agree! They are very satisfying. Thanks for your feedback!
Very good point, Vanessa! 🙂
Perfect gift…so many super cute ways to get creative with the presentation and then the nuts are to die for they are so so good! Perfect teacher gift! So thoughtful to take the time to make such a delicious homemade treat. ?
Yes, a perfect gift indeed. I love giving them in pretty little mason jars! 🙂
I’m excited to give these to my team for Christmas! “It’s been nuts! Wishing you and yours a happy and healthy holiday season!”
Sounds great! And nutty!! Happy Holidays to you!! 🙂
These are awesome and a great inexpensive and thoughtful gift! Everybody loves a great homemade gift!