Cinnamon Sugar Candied Pecans are a staple in our house over the Holidays. A perfect salad topper, but an even better snack! Watch out – these are addicting!
These candied pecans never last long in our house. They are one of those snacks that you nibble on every time you walk by a jar on the counter (where I occasionally keep them). We also love adding them to salads around the holidays, especially my Candied Pecan and Apple Holiday Salad. But they are also great on any green salad, in my opinion.
I recommend making up a couple of batches of these, and storing them in the freezer. They actually taste great frozen too!
Ingredients needed for Cinnamon Sugar Candied Pecans:
- Pecans – Use pecan halves, not pieces (if possible).
- Egg Whites – Two egg whites are required.
- Salt – A touch of kosher salt to balance the sweet.
- Vanilla – Just a dash needed. Use pure vanilla extract for best results.
- Sugar – You’ll need regular granulated sugar for these pecans.
- Cinnamon & Nutmeg – Fall spices that are perfect flavor enhancers.
How to make Cinnamon Sugar Candied Pecans:
This is a super easy recipe, and a perfect one for the holidays.
- Prep. Preheat oven to 275 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the cinnamon sugar mixture. In a mixing bowl, whisk egg whites and salt until frothy. Then add the vanilla, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg, and whisk again.
- Add pecans. Pour the pecans in the mixing bowl, and stir to mix well, coating all the nuts.
- Bake. Spread pecans on the baking sheet, smoothing evenly to all sides of the pan. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
Substitutions? I don’t recommend any. This recipe is SO good as is. But if you try something different, could you let me know?
Candied Pecans make an awesome gift.
Pour some into cute little mason jars with a message and some ribbon, and give them to:
- and your next dinner/party host.
Cinnamon Sugar Candied Pecans
- 4 cups pecan halves
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees.
- Whisk the egg whites and salt until frothy. Add the vanilla, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg, and whisk again. Fold in the pecans and mix again to coat.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the pecans to the pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes, stirring them every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Store in airtight container or ziplock bags.
- Watch your oven closely during last half of baking. These tend to burn very quickly, and since all ovens are different, be careful towards the end.
- These freeze well, in freezer bags, for several months.
- Gift Idea: Pour candied nuts in a mason jar, tie some pretty ribbon around it with a sweet message. 🙂