Oreo Cookie Eyeballs
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share a commission.
Oreo Cookie Eyeballs will be the hit of your Halloween Party! These cute little truffles are a simple combo of crushed Oreos, cream cheese, and a colorful white chocolate coating. Make them “scary” with large edible eyeballs!
For some other Oreo Truffle recipes that are similar, head to my White Chocolate Oreo Truffles or my Halloween Oreo Balls. All of these are melt-in-your-mouth delish!
Where are all of my Oreo Cookie lovers? I see you out there raising your hands! These simple cookies are hard not to love, which is why I’ve never met someone who isn’t a fan. They make everything taste better!
So when you’re not making Oreo Truffles, try some of my amazing Cookies and Cream Ice Cream (homemade is the BEST) or my Easy Oreo Ice Cream Pie. Ice cream and Oreos just go together, don’t you think?
Other Halloween Treats
I’ve got a few other Halloween treats on the blog for you to try next! If you are throwing a party, make them all and include some savory items as well!
- Frankenstein Cookie – The cute little Frankenstein that resembles my older son, Josh. Haha!
- Gourmet Caramel Apples – These are a MUST make! I have fond memories of the caramel apples that my mother made back in the day, and so I want you to create those memories for your family too.
- Halloween Dirt Cups – The simplest dessert and since I’m a sucker for pudding, I’m hooked! You will be too.
- Witch Hat Peanut Butter Cookies – A cute cookie that is impressive to look at and even more delicious to eat!
- Oreo Cookies – I used one regular-sized package of Oreo cookies, NOT double stuffed.
- Cream Cheese – Set your cream cheese out on the counter in advance to soften.
- White Chocolate – Use any brand you want. I prefer the Ghirardelli melting wafers. A regular almond bark is fine too.
- Food Coloring – You can use any colors you like. I went with some typical Halloween colors here – orange, green, and purple.
- Eyeballs – These large eyeballs are the KEY with these if you want that eyeball look. I ordered mine on Amazon (link below) because I couldn’t find them in the grocery stores.
How to make Halloween Eyeballs:
- Use a food processor to grind up the Oreos.
- Then use a hand mixer to mix the cream cheese with the Oreo crumbs.
- Use your hands to form the mixture into balls. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Quick freeze the balls to make handling them easier.
- Melt the white chocolate. Use 50% power in 30-second increments. Be careful to avoid burning them!
- Add food coloring. Separate the chocolate into separate bowls (or melt them separately). Add different food coloring to each.
- Dip frozen cookie balls into colored white chocolate, coat well, and place the eyeball on top (quickly before the chocolate sets). Set back on the baking sheet.
- Store in refrigerator or freezer.
- EAT (and share)!
I’m the first to admit that I’m not great at decorating desserts. I’m more interested in the taste, so that’s where I spend my time. However, these are simple to make look cute (or scary..haha). Just a few extra ingredients and you’re on your way to impress your guests. If I can do it, you can do it!
Let’s have a Halloween party, y’all!
Reasons you’ll love these
- A huge hit for both adults and kids alike. I mean, who can resist Oreos, cream cheese, and chocolate?
- Adaptable. You can also adapt these for literally any occasion! Use either milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or white chocolate, and then add any type of sprinkles, or other edible items, to the top. SO many choices!
- Simple to make. With only three ingredients plus sprinkles, these are unbelievably simple to whip up. Make sure you take the time to freeze them before rolling in chocolate though. Makes for an easier process!
- Kids can help. If you have kiddos at home, you should definitely consider letting them help roll the balls and add the eyeballs. What a fun activity to share with little ones, right?!
- Melt-in-your-mouth delicious! Yup, they’re really good. Like REALLY good! Make them soon, and see for yourself!
Kitchen Tools Used: (affiliate links)
I used these Jumbo Candy Eye Toppers for this recipe.
Oreo Cookie Eyeballs
- 14.3 oz. Oreo cookies – regular, not double stuffed
- 8 oz. cream cheese – softened to room temperature
- 16 oz. white chocolate – melting wafers or almond bark
- food coloring
- large edible eyeballs linked on blog post
- Pulse Oreos in food processor until they resemble course crumbles. Add crumbs to separate mixing bowl.
- Add the cream cheese to the bowl. Use a hand mixer to combine the Oreo crumbs and the cream cheese.
- Use your hands to roll the mixture into small 1-inch balls. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and then freeze for 30 minutes or until hardened.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave for about two minutes (stirring every 30 seconds) using only 50% power. The chocolate should be smooth and creamy. Don't burn!
- If you are using different colors of food coloring, separate the chocolate into separate small bowls. Add the food coloring to the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Dip the cookie balls in the colored chocolate, rolling around in the chocolate until they are completely covered. Lift it out using a a spoon (or a dipping tool), and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Decorate with edible eyeballs (quickly, before the chocolate sets).
- Place cookie sheet in freezer for about another hour to freeze truffles. Then stack them in airtight container and store in either the refrigerator or freezer.
Amazing and so much fun! Love it!