White Chocolate Oreo Truffles are a simple and delicious no-bake dessert, featuring Oreo cookies, cream cheese, and white chocolate. Use a variety of sprinkles for any occasion!
Make some No Bake Monster Cookie Balls next!
No Bake Oreo Truffles
No-bake desserts are a very good thing, especially when they are covered in chocolate. Busy calendars can be stressful, but having a stash of these simple delicacies in the freezer can make those last minute cookie trays a breeze. You know, when your husband says he needs something for a coworker’s birthday he forgot to mention, or when your kid needs a special treat for his favorite teacher.
Enter…White Chocolate Oreo Truffles. These are so simple, y’all, and you can freeze these for several months (if they last that long). A perfect sweet treat to satisfy that chocolate craving.
Why We LOVE Oreo Truffles:
- SIMPLE TO MAKE – These truffles are really easy to make. I recommend getting your kids involved and let them decorate them with a variety of sprinkles. I added a little Oreo wedge to some of them which was easy too.
- STORES WONDERFULLY – After the white chocolate sets up, you can stack the truffles in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator OR freezer. These last a couple of months in the freezer.
- DELICIOUS – Soft and creamy in the insides with a crunchy chocolate coating on the outsides. Oreo cookie deliciousness!
- PERFECT FOR THE HOLIDAY SEASON – These are great for special occasions of all kinds – birthdays, baby and wedding showers, any holiday, and the list goes on.
Ingredients needed for this Oreo Truffles Recipe:
Simple ingredients for a super delicious sweet treat! 😀
- Oreo Cookies – I used one regular sized package of Oreo cookies but I think the double stuffed would work equally nice.
- Cream Cheese – Use one eight ounce package of regular full-fat cream cheese. Let it sit out until its close to room temperature.
- White Chocolate – Use any brand you want. I prefer the Ghirardelli melting wafers as the taste is excellent. Don’t use chocolate chips because they won’t melt as well.
- Sprinkles – Any kind. Feel free to use seasonal sprinkles for different occasions!
How to make White Chocolate Oreo Truffles:
Process Oreos. Use a food processor to grind up the Oreo cookies. You want them to be course crumbs with no big chunks remaining. Pour the crushed Oreos into a large bowl.
Combine with cream cheese. Add softened cream cheese to the mixing bowl and use a hand mixer to combine. The Oreo mixture should be creamy and will start sticking together.
Form balls. Form Oreo and cream cheese mixture into small balls. You should get about 26 balls but feel free to make them as small or large as you want.
Quick freeze. Place Oreo balls in freezer for 30 minutes to make for easier handling. I normally leave some of them in the freezer and work in batches so they stay cold.
Melt white chocolate. In a microwave-safe bowl, add melting chocolate and heat at 50% power in 30 second increments until soft and creamy. Be careful to avoid over cooking!
Coat with chocolate. Dip frozen balls into the melted white chocolate, shaking off excess chocolate as you. Place on parchment lined baking sheets and add sprinkles immediately as you go. The candy coating sets up very fast and if you don’t add toppings right away, they won’t stick.
Store. You can store these truffle balls in an airtight container and place in the refrigerator OR freezer.
- You can make Oreo truffles ahead of time.
- A parchment-lined baking sheet works great for prep to prevent the Oreo cream cheese balls from sticking.
- If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a rolling pin to crush the cookies into fine crumbs.
- For another flavor profile, try some golden Oreos or Lemon Oreos!
- Try another kind of chocolate for coating – like dark or milk chocolate. You can also use almond bark instead of melting wafers.
Other Oreo Recipes:
- Easy Oreo Ice Cream Pie – Another no bake Oreo dessert, perfect for any time of year.
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream or Oreo Ice Cream – My favorite kind of ice cream!
- Oreo Cookie Eyeballs – With a spooky twist.
- Oreo Brownie Cookies – These are decadent so watch out.
Kitchen Tools Used: (affiliate links)
White Chocolate Oreo Truffles
- 14.3 oz. package Oreo cookies – not double stuffed
- 8 oz. cream cheese – softened to room temperature
- 12 oz. white chocolate melting wafers – or almond bark
- sprinkles – any kind
- Pulse oreos in food processor until they resemble course crumbles. Add crumbs to separate mixing bowl.
- Using a hand mixer, mix the cream cheese with the oreo crumbs until well blended.
- Using your hands, roll one inch balls. You should get approximately 24-26. Place them on a sheet pan and place in the freezer to "quick freeze" them for better handling (approximately 30 minutes).
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave for about two minutes (stirring every 30 seconds) using only 50% power. The chocolate should be smooth and creamy. Be careful not to over-cook.
- Dip the cookie truffles in the almond bark. Roll the truffle around in the chocolate until it is completely covered. Lift it out using a dipping tool, and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Decorate with sprinkles (quickly, before the chocolate sets).
- Place cookie sheet in freezer for about another hour to freeze truffles. Then stack them in airtight container and store in either the refrigerator or freezer.