White Chocolate Oreo Truffles are a simple no-bake delectable dessert, featuring Oreo cookies, cream cheese, and white chocolate. Tailor them for any holiday!
Who loves a four-ingredient recipe (counting the sprinkles)?!! EVERYbody. So it seems appropriate to use four words to describe them, don’t you think? White Chocolate Oreo Truffles. Four ingredients, four words. Makes perfect sense!
My youngest loves Oreo cookies. Maybe even more than my homemade treats. GASP!
I very rarely buy them to just eat as plain cookies though. I usually buy them to use in a recipe, particularly THIS one, or something that uses a oreo crust. I’ve finally learned to hide Oreos when I buy them, or Zach will eat them before I can use them. Or as in this case, I put a giant sticky note on the package that said, “don’t eat!” 🙂
I decorated these with Valentine sprinkles but you could definitely decorate these for ANY special celebration or holiday throughout the year. AND if you need other Valentine’s treat ideas, I’ve got some. My Chocolate Sweetheart Cupcakes and my mom’s Best Chewy Sugar Cookies are YUM.
If you enjoy cooking with your kids, this a perfect one because it is SO simple.
- Use food processor to grind up the oreos.
- Use hand mixer to mix the cream cheese with the oreo crumbs.
- Use hands to form mixture into balls.
- Quick freeze balls to make handling them easier.
- Melt almond bark
- Dip frozen cookie balls into almond bark and shake some sprinkles on top (quickly before the chocolate sets).
- Freeze again.
The key to making these beautiful is using this dipping tool. You can purchase it on Amazon for fairly cheap and it makes dipping them very easy and stress free. Oh…and fun. 🙂
Sometimes I discuss my recipes with the fam to have them help me with the title of the recipe. Because there are 50 thousand OTHER people sharing this same recipe. Zach insisted that I call this oreo cake balls and literally laughed when I told them that I was naming them White Chocolate Oreo Truffles. He kept saying “they are cake balls, Mom!” and I kept saying, “no, they are TRUFFLES!” We went back and forth and he finally took one of these TRUFFLES out of the refrigerator and said, “I’m gonna eat a CAKE BALL now”! Oh well. Call it want you want. But I’m totally loving these beautiful truffles. 🙂
Make this sweet recipe next: Carrot Cake Cupcakes
You can stay up-to-date with SueBee Homemaker by:
- signing up for post updates (top right-hand corner of my blog)
- liking my Facebook Page
- and following me on Pinterest
I’m also sharing tidbits of my life on Instagram.
A simple no-bake delectable dessert, featuring Oreo cookies, cream cheese, and white chocolate. Tailor them for any holiday!
- 14.3 oz. package Oreo cookies not double stuffed
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 12 oz. white chocolate almond bark I use Plymouth Pantry brand
- sprinkles any kind
- Pulse oreos in food processor until they resemble course crumbles. Add crumbs to separate mixing bowl.
- Using a hand mixer, mix the cream cheese with the oreo crumbs until well blended.
- Using your hands, roll one inch balls. You should get approximately 18. Place them on a sheet pan and place in the freezer to "quick freeze" them for better handling (approximately 30 minutes).
- Melt the almond bark in the microwave for about two minutes (stirring every 30 seconds) using only 50% power. The chocolate should be smooth and creamy. Be careful not to over-cook.
- Dip the cookie truffles in the almond bark using a dipping tool (amazon purchase mentioned above). Roll the truffle around in the chocolate until it is completely covered. Lift it out using the tool and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Decorate with sprinkles (quickly, before the chocolate sets).
- Place cookie sheet in freezer for about another hour to freeze truffles. Then stack them in airtight container and store in either the refrigerator or freezer.