White Chocolate Oreo Truffles are a simple and delicious no-bake dessert, featuring Oreo cookies, cream cheese, and white chocolate. Use different sprinkles for any holiday!
No-bake desserts are a very good thing, especially when they are covered in chocolate. Busy calendars can be stressful, but having a stash of these simple delicacies in the freezer can make those last minute cookie trays a breeze. You know, when your husband says he needs something for a coworker’s birthday he forgot to mention, or when your kid needs a special treat for his favorite teacher.
Enter…White Chocolate Oreo Truffles. These are so simple, ya’ll, and you can freeze these for several months (if they last that long).
Ingredients needed for White Chocolate Oreo Truffles:
A super simple list of ingredients for a super delicious sweet treat! 😀
- Oreo Cookies – I used one regular sized package of Oreo cookies, NOT double stuffed.
- Cream Cheese – Set your cream cheese out on the counter in advance to soften.
- White Chocolate – Use any brand you want. I prefer the Ghirardelli melting wafers.
- Sprinkles – Any kind. Feel free to use seasonal sprinkles for different occasions!
How to make White Chocolate Oreo Truffles:
- Use food processor to grind up the oreos.
- Use hand mixer to mix the cream cheese with the oreo crumbs.
- Use hands to form mixture into balls.
- Quick freeze balls to make handling them easier.
- Melt white chocolate.
- Dip frozen cookie balls into almond bark, coat well, and shake some sprinkles on top (quickly before the chocolate sets).
- Freeze again.
- EAT (or store)! 😀
Can Oreo Truffles be made ahead of time?
Yes, these can definitely be made up in advance, and stored in the refrigerator (for a couple of weeks) or frozen (recommended over the refrigerator). If freezing, set them out 20-30 minutes before serving.
Tools Needed: You’ll need a food processor to grind the Oreo cookies and a hand mixer to combine them with the cream cheese. I also use a baking sheet for this recipe, and this parchment paper fits perfectly. These pretty rainbow sprinkles are also nice to have.
Other Oreo Recipes on the blog:
- Easy Oreo Ice Cream Pie – Another no bake Oreo dessert, perfect for any time of year.
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream – My favorite kind of ice cream!
Make this sweet recipe next: Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
White Chocolate Oreo Truffles
- 14.3 oz. package Oreo cookies – not double stuffed
- 8 oz. cream cheese – softened to room temperature
- 12 oz. white chocolate melting wafers – or almond bark
- sprinkles – any kind
- Pulse oreos in food processor until they resemble course crumbles. Add crumbs to separate mixing bowl.
- Using a hand mixer, mix the cream cheese with the oreo crumbs until well blended.
- Using your hands, roll one inch balls. You should get approximately 24-26. Place them on a sheet pan and place in the freezer to "quick freeze" them for better handling (approximately 30 minutes).
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave for about two minutes (stirring every 30 seconds) using only 50% power. The chocolate should be smooth and creamy. Be careful not to over-cook.
- Dip the cookie truffles in the almond bark. Roll the truffle around in the chocolate until it is completely covered. Lift it out using a dipping tool, and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Decorate with sprinkles (quickly, before the chocolate sets).
- Place cookie sheet in freezer for about another hour to freeze truffles. Then stack them in airtight container and store in either the refrigerator or freezer.