Easy Oreo Ice Cream Pie uses just four simple ingredients for the BEST summertime dessert! The no-bake crust is a combination of crushed Oreo cookies and melted butter, while the top is simply layered ice cream.
Admittedly, I spend the majority of my day in the kitchen during the normal work week. My desk is actually built into our new kitchen, so when I’m not cooking, I’m usually sitting here working on blog posts while watching the small TV right above my computer or listening to one of the many podcasts I’m into at that moment. Cold brew coffee in hand, and sounds of my snoring pup close by. Theo is a pretty great blog dog, and knows to stay clear when I’m shooting food photos (often times on the floor by a window for best lighting)!
While I love whipping up an elaborate dessert, there are times that quick and easy are best. This recipe is for all the folks who want an easy, semi-homemade dessert recipe for all the occasions. My ice cream loving family was pretty happy when I mentioned an Oreo ice cream dessert.
Ingredients needed for this Easy Oreo Ice Cream Pie:
Ok ya’ll. JUST four ingredients for this dessert. Oh yea!
- Oreo Cookies. You need one package of Oreo cookies and for decorating purposes only, a small tub of Mini Oreos. You actually won’t use all the cookies, so you can snack on them while you’re whipping this one up.
- Butter. This ingredient is simply melted to make the crust.
- Ice Cream. Buy one-half gallon of vanilla ice cream. Again, you won’t use it all, but you can eat the remaining bit anyway. I like Vanilla Bean ice cream best, so that’s what I buy.
- Chocolate Syrup. In order to make the chocolate layer, use some chocolate syrup instead of buying a separate container of ice cream. 😀
How to make Easy Oreo Ice Cream Pie:
- Make the Oreo crust. Using a food processor, grind the Oreo cookies to a course crumb. Reserve about 2/3 cup of crumbs. Pour crumbs into a mixing bowl, add melted butter, and stir to combine. Then press the mixture into a pie plate (prepared with baking spray), using fingers to press it down. Place pie crust into freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Prepare the ice cream layers. Scoop about three cups of ice cream into one mixing bowl, and another three cups into the other. Into one bowl, add the reserved cookie crumbs and combine with a hand mixer. Into the other mixing bowl, add the chocolate syrup, and combine with the mixer.
- Layer the ice cream. Pour about 3/4 of the Oreo ice cream into the prepared pie crust. Place it back in the freezer to set up. Meanwhile, keep the other ice creams frozen by also placing them in the freezer. After about 30 minutes, layer the chocolate ice cream overtop the Oreo layer and a drizzle of chocolate syrup for decoration, and freeze again. Then add the remaining Oreo ice cream on top and freeze. After about 30 more minutes, add some additional Oreo sprinkles and mini cookies for decoration.
Pro-Tip: Make sure you have plenty of room in your freezer to store the ice cream pie and the bowls of ice cream as you layer it. The other option is to just mix up one layer of the ice cream mixture at a time, instead of mixing it all at once.
Want to make your own homemade Cookies and Cream Ice Cream? You totally should. This involves a simple vanilla cream base with Oreo cookies crushed in after churning. SO good. 😀
Make this easy ice cream pie next: Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
- 24-28 oreo cookies
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter - melted
- 1.5 quarts ice cream - 6 cups
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- mini oreo cookies - for decorating the top (optional)
Using a food processor, grind the Oreo cookies to a course crumb. Reserve about 2/3 cup of crumbs. Pour crumbs into a mixing bowl, add melted butter, and stir to combine.
Press the buttered crumbs into a prepared pie plate (with baking spray), using fingers. Place pie crust into freezer for about 30 minutes or so.
Scoop about three cups of vanilla ice cream into one mixing bowl, and another three cups into the other. Into one bowl, add the reserved cookie crumbs and combine with a hand mixer. Into the other bowl, add the chocolate syrup, and combine with mixer.
Keep the ice cream frozen, by rotating what you aren't currently using into the freezer.
Pour about 3/4 of the Oreo ice cream into the prepared crust. Place it back into the freezer for about 30 minutes. Then pour the chocolate ice cream overtop the Oreo ice cream layer followed by a few drizzles of chocolate syrup, and freeze. Finally spoon out the last bit of the Oreo ice cream on top. Freeze again, and then add a few more Oreo crumbs and some mini Oreo cookies for decoration.
Keep the Oreo Ice Cream Pie in the freezer, covered, until ready to serve.
- Make sure you have plenty of room in your freezer to store the ice cream pie and the bowls of ice cream as you layer it.
- Store this ice cream pie in the freezer, covered, until ready to serve.
- It works best to remove the ice cream pie for about 10 minutes before slicing.