This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share a commission.
Grapefruit Mojitos combine freshly squeezed grapefruit and lime, muddled mint leaves, light rum, and simple syrup. These delicious cocktails are both slightly sweet and refreshing and perfect for happy hour!
Happy Hours just got better! For other delicious mojito recipes, try our Blueberry Mojitos or Lemon Mojitos!
Best Mojito Recipe
Our mint plant in our mini garden is giving me life! It’s so nice to have fresh mint at the ready, especially for all the cocktails. Grapefruit mojitos, blueberry mojitos, cucumber mojitos, and just straight up mojitos. Let me know which is your favorite!
The inspiration behind this grapefruit cocktail came after I went to lunch with Tiffany, my daughter-in-law. We met at Moxie’s, a local restaurant, and enjoyed a pitcher of mojitos and salads. Everything was delicious, and I walked away with inspiration, which happens frequently after dining out.
For some other fruity cocktails, try our Grapefruit Paloma, Orange Jalapeno Margaritas, Frozen Pina Coladas, The Best Mai Tais, and Strawberry Lemonade Vodka Slushies.
- Grapefruit – I used large red grapefruits, and they were super juicy.
- Lime – Limes are a cocktail must, which is why I keep them stocked at all times!
- Mint – Thanks to my mint plant, I never run out! I highly recommend you grow your own.
- Simple Syrup – I also keep a jar of simple syrup in the refrigerator, for all the cocktails and mocktails.
- Light Rum – Use a good quality rum. I use Bacardi.
- Garnishes – You’ll want plenty of garnishes for these mojitos. Grapefruit chunks, lime slices, and extra mint.
How to make Grapefruit Mojitos
I recommend keeping a jar of simple syrup in your refrigerator for cocktails and mocktails. Just combine equal amounts sugar and water in a small saucepan and simmer over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour into a mason jar and store.
- Squeeze fruit. Use a citrus press to squeeze the grapefruits and limes. If you don’t have a press, use your hands.
- Muddle mint. Place the mint in a small bowl, add a couple of teaspoons of simple syrup, and muddle the leaves. You should smell the freshness immediately!
- Combine ingredients. Combine the fruit juice, muddle mint, the remaining simple syrup, and rum in a pitcher. Stir well.
- Serve. Prepare two glasses with ice. Pour the mojito mixture into the glasses, and garnish with grapefruit, lime, and mint. Enjoy!
You gotta have some snacks to go along with these drinks. I’ve got a bunch of ideas for you and I’ll share some below.
- The Best Healthy Hummus – Load it up with veggies on top!
- Roasted Tomato Bruschetta with Ricotta – One of our favorites, and is great served at room temp.
- Crazy Good Corn Dip – Cheesy and spicy, and oh SO good.
- Honey Roasted Nuts – A blog favorite, and stores well in the freezer.
Kitchen Tools Used: (affiliate links)
- 6 oz. grapefruit juice (from about 1 ½ grapefruit) – freshly squeezed
- 2 oz. lime juice (from about 2 limes) – freshly squeezed
- 5 oz. light rum
- 2 oz. simple syrup
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- grapefruit slices, lime slices, and fresh mint – for garnish
- Use a citrus press to squeeze grapefruit and limes. Add to a pitcher.
- Place the mint leaves in a bowl, add a couple teaspoons of simple syrup, and use a muddler to muddle the mint. Add to the pitcher.
- Then add the remaining simple syrup and light rum. Stir well.
- Prepare two glasseas with ice. Pour the mojitos into the glasses. Add garnishes and serve.
Refreshing and light….. awesome for those hot summer days! My kind of drink!
True true! Thanks for your feedback!