Pina Coladas with Coconut Milk
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share a commission.
Piña Coladas with Coconut Milk will take you straight to paradise. These tropical drinks are a simple mixture of frozen pineapple, coconut milk, light rum, and dark rum. So refreshing on warm summer nights!
Try a delicious Hawaiian Mai Tai Recipe next!
Frozen Piña Coladas
If you are like me, you start dreaming of a tropical getaway every time it gets REAL cold outside. We have winter weather here in Texas, believe it or not, and usually have an ice storm of some kind each year.
Let’s enact vacation mode, regardless if you’re experiencing a hot summer day or a chilly one. Make a couple batches of this refreshing drink and dream about your next getaway, palm trees and all.
Why This Recipe Works:
- FOUR INGREDIENTS – This frozen cocktail has just four ingredients, and you can be enjoying a tropical cocktail in less than 10 minutes.
- NOT TOO SWEET – We’re not into sugary cocktails, but if that’s what you prefer, add some simple syrup to your tropical drink. You do you.
- A GREAT PARTY COCKTAIL – This blended drink could be batched for a group. Store them in a container in your freezer and then scoop one delicious piña colada at a time. A great idea for your next summer party.
What You’ll Need:
The following piña colada ingredients are needed for your tropical vacation – at home or in the tropics!
- Pineapple – Use frozen pineapple, or freeze your own fresh pineapple chunks on a single layer on a sheet pan.
- Light Coconut Milk – I used a lite version, but you could also use a full-fat coconut milk too. Coconut cream is often used but yields a much richer drink. The coconut flavor is the important part for this delicious piña colada.
- Rum – I prefer a combo of light (white rum or silver rum) and dark rum, but you could use all light if you want to keep it simple. We normally use Bacardi rum but there other popular brands available too.
- Garnish – To each drink, add a maraschino cherry (or bing cherry) and a fresh pineapple wedge. Some fresh whipped cream and a paper umbrella would be pretty too.
Virgin Piña Coladas
You can make these into Pina Colada mocktails by skipping the rum and using pineapple juice in its place. Add ice as needed to achieve a frozen consistency.
How to make Frozen Piña Colada Cocktails:
These use simple ingredients and can be made in less than 10 minutes.
Prep glasses. We like to use hurricane glasses for these easy piña coladas. But any fancy glass will work well. Add a pineapple wedge to each glass.
Combine ingredients. In a large blender, combine the frozen pineapple, creamy coconut milk, and rum.
Blend. Blend ingredients until very smooth. You’ll want to leave your blender run for an extra minute or so.
Serve. Pour Piña Coladas in 12 oz. glasses, and garnish with fresh pineapple and/or cherries (for a pop of color). Enjoy!
Variations to this Recipe:
- Use some pineapple juice and then a handful of ice to keep a frozen consistency.
- Use a different type of rum – like an aged rum or coconut rum.
- Add a squeeze of lime juice.
- Make these into a dessert cocktail by adding some vanilla ice cream.
Other Frozen Cocktails:
- Frozen Vodka Slush Recipe – A family recipe that I still love to serve to guests!
- Strawberry Lemonade Vodka Slushies – My most popular drink recipe. So refreshing!
- Blackberry Peach Frozen Margaritas – Make this one if you want to impress your guests.
- Frozen Gin and Tonics – One of our favorite cocktails in frozen form.
Kitchen Tools Used: (affiliate links)
- Vitamin Blender – We use this appliance for our everyday smoothies and for frozen cocktails.
- Cocktail Glasses – Use some fancy glasses for these yummy drinks.
Pina Coladas with Coconut Milk
- 4 cups frozen pineapple
- 4 oz. lite coconut milk
- 4 oz. light rum
- 2 oz. dark rum
- Combine all ingredients in a blender – the frozen pineapple, coconut milk, and both the light and dark rum.
- Blend until very smooth.
- Prepare two glasses by garnishing with fresh pineapple. Pour pina coladas into glasses, and enjoy.
Light and Dark Rum…. Count me in. Love this drink!
I know you do!