Sail away to paradise with these Frozen Pina Colada Cocktails. These tropical drinks are a simple mixture of frozen pineapple, coconut milk, light rum, and dark rum. So refreshing on warm summer nights!
If you are like me, you start dreaming of a tropical getaway every time life gets tricky. We are currently in “stay at home” mode, so I’ve been concocting all the dreamy cocktails to help with this weird, unfamiliar time. I’m pretending my toes are in the sand, my hair is blowing in the wind, and I’ve got my man by my side on a beach towel for two. 😀
A tall Pina Colada is definitely THAT drink I sip on while on vacation mode. So let’s pretend we are on a vacation, and enjoy these beauties.
Ingredients needed for Frozen Pina Colada Cocktails:
- Pineapple – Use frozen pineapple, or freeze your own (which is what I did, as seen below).
- Coconut Milk – I used a full-fat version, but there are other lightened up kinds you could try as well.
- Rum – I prefer a combo of light and dark rum, but you could use all light if you want to keep it simple.
How to make Frozen Pina Colada Cocktails:
These are super quick and simple. Just like they should be while “on vacation”!
- Freeze pineapple. Slice the pineapple, and freeze it in chunks. OR, buy packaged frozen pineapple.
- Combine ingredients. In a large blender, combine the frozen pineapple, coconut milk, and rum. Blend until smooth.
- Serve. Pour pina coladas in 12 oz. glasses, and garnish with fresh pineapple. Enjoy!
Frozen Pina Colada Cocktails
- 4 cups frozen pineapple
- 4 oz. coconut milk
- 4 oz. light rum
- 2 oz. dark rum
- Combine all ingredients in a blender – the frozen pineapple, coconut milk, and both the light and dark rum.
- Prepare two glasses by garnishing with fresh pineapple. Pour pina coladas into glasses, and enjoy.