Jalapeno Ranch Dressing
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share a commission.
Jalapeño Ranch Dressing makes a delicious topping for so many Tex-Mex recipes. Creamy, fresh, and a little bit spicy – you’re going to want to add this to burrito bowls, tacos, salads, and fries!
Try our Chipotle Ranch Dressing next!
Homemade Jalapeno Ranch
If you know me, you know that I’m a HUGE lover of everything jalapeño. So when you add that to a creamy ranch dressing, you may just have perfection!
The key to really good food is adding a sauce, dressing, dip, or marinade. Let’s not do plain food unless we’re eating an apple or an orange. No boring food here people!
While it’s hard to turn down traditional ranch dressings, this one is a little bit different and uses fresh ingredients. This spicy ranch dressing is way better than store-bought ranch in my opinion.
Why This Recipe Works:
- SIMPLE – Just six ingredients plus a zesty blend of spices are required to make this jalapeño ranch dressing recipe.
- TASTY – We love the tangy flavor of this dressing. A creamy base with just the right amount of heat.
- WORKS ON SO MANY THINGS – Use this as a dipping sauce or add it to your favorite salad, tacos, or bowls.
- Ranch Lovers UNITE! Am I right?
What You’ll Need:
Simple ingredients that you’ll easily find in most grocery stores.
- Plain Greek Yogurt (or use sour cream instead)
- Light Mayo with Olive Oil
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh Cilantro
- Jalapeños – Use pickled jalapeño slices (instead of a jalapeno pepper). You’ll have mild heat but could add even fewer jalapeno slices if preferred.
- Seasonings – A combo of garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Lime – freshly squeezed.
- Cold Water – if needed to thin the dressing
How to make Creamy Jalapeño Ranch Dressing:
Combine ingredients. In a small food processor, combine all ingredients – the yogurt, mayo, olive oil, cilantro, jalapeno slices, seasonings, and lime juice.
Pulse ingredients. Run the food processor until the dressing is well combined. Add cold water if needed to thin.
Transfer the dressing to a jar (or bowl). Use a spatula to transfer the dressing to a mason jar or serving bowl.
Serve. Serve jalapeño ranch dressing with a variety of Tex-Mex dishes.
STORE dressing in an airtight container or mason jar in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Recipe Ideas for adding Jalapeño Ranch:
I’ve got endless options of Tex-Mex Recipes you could add this slightly spicy sauce to, but here are just a few favorites. It really is a perfect addition to so many things.
- Taco Crunch Wraps
- Crunchy Shrimp Tostadas
- Chipotle Chicken Fajita Bowls
- Carne Asada Quesadillas
- Use it as a spicy twist for your chicken tenders or as a chip dip for tortilla chips.
- You can easily substitute sour cream for Greek yogurt if that is preferred.
- If you’d rather use fresh jalapeño instead of pickled, that is fine too.
- Add fresh garlic instead of garlic powder.
- Don’t like cilantro (oh no!), skip it!
- Feel free to tailor the spices to you’re liking.
Kitchen Tools Used: (affiliate links)
Jalapeno Ranch Dressing
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup light mayo with olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup cilantro – packed
- 2 Tablespoons pickled jalapeños – or about 10 slices
- 1/2 large lime – freshly squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper – to taste
- cold water to thin – if needed
- Combine ingredients. In a small food processor, combine all ingredients – the yogurt, mayo, olive oil, cilantro, jalapeno slices, seasonings, and lime juice.
- Pulse ingredients. Run food processor until the dressing is well combined. Add cold water if needed to thin.
- Transfer dressing to a jar (or bowl). Use a spatula to transfer the dressing to a mason jar or serving bowl.
- Serve. Serve jalapeño ranch dressing with a variety of Tex-Mex dishes.