Introducing the BEST EVER Tex-Mex Marinade. Combining a variety of spices with olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, and fresh lime juice – this marinade will be your go-to for all your Tex-Mex recipes.
I’m a Tex-Mex girl, since living in Texas for the last 25 years. Give me all the tacos and burritos and guac and margaritas.
I use this marinade so often, that I decided to create a separate recipe card. I use it for many of my Tex-Mex recipes, including:
- Grilled Chicken Burrito Bowls. That meal we make TOO often, according to our youngest son. Poor kid. He never gets a variety of meal choices in my kitchen. 😀
- Flank Steak Fajita Salad. The marinade gives the steak a perfect smoky flavor with a touch of heat. Not too spicy though, I promise.
- We also use it in a variety of meats for a variety of Tex-Mex dishes. If you can wrap it in a tortilla or put it on a chip, it will taste great using the BEST EVER marinade.
The ingredient list is simple.
- olive oil
- Worcestershire Sauce
- lime juice
- garlic powder
- chili powder
- red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper
Make sure you let the meat marinate for several hours, or even overnight. I always use a resealable bag, and place it in a pan in the refrigerator. The marinade is BRIGHT orange, and will make a huge mess in your fridge if it’s not sealed correctly. Trust me. I’ve made a few orange messes in my kitchen.
When observing the calories in this marinade, keep in mind that most of it will be tossed after placing the meat on the grill, or other cooking method.
Make this Tex-Mex recipe next: Mexican Beef Stuffed Peppers
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think.
Best Ever Tex-Mex Marinade
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 large lime - freshly squeezed
- Combine marinade ingredients. Place meat in a storage bag, pour marinade over top, massage the bag, and store in refrigerator.
- We use this marinade for chicken, beef, pork, and shrimp. It makes the best marinade for any Tex-Mex dish.
- You can marinate the meat for up to 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- This can also be combined with meat, and frozen up to three months.
- When observing the calories in this marinade, keep in mind that most of it will be tossed after placing the meat on the grill, or other cooking method.