Elevate your dining experience with the irresistible Creamy Grinder Salad Dressing, created to enhance the renowned grinder salad. This combination will awaken your taste buds with its savory flavor profile.
Creamy Grinder Salad Dressing
This dressing was created to top the infamous Grinder Salad. It’s a delicious combo of ingredients and a little bit lighter than the typical mayo-based dressing. We use a light mayo (Kraft mayo with olive oil included) and Greek yogurt for the base which makes it creamy (and healthier).
Why This Recipe Works:
- CREAMY – This creamy Italian dressing is a great option and final step for enjoying one of our favorite salad recipes.
- PERFECT ADDITION TO ITALIAN GRINDER SALAD – Remember that viral recipe? Yup, this is it. The salad includes iceberg lettuce, deli meats (including hard salami), red onion, pepperoncini peppers (or banana peppers), provolone cheese, cherry tomatoes, and parmesan cheese. The homemade dressing is the perfect topper for this easy lunch.
- SIMPLE – Skip the sandwich shop and make it low-carb with this simple yet hearty salad. The salad dressing ingredients are a simple combo for dressing the delicious grinder salad.
- Greek Yogurt
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Dijon Mustard
- Seasonings – oregano, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
How to make Grinder Salad Dressing:
Add ingredients to a bowl – the mayonnaise, plain Greek yogurt, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, sugar, and seasonings.
Whisk. Use a whisk to combine the ingredients until very mixed well.
Store. Pour the dressing into a mason jar to store. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Serve. Add this tasty grinder salad dressing to a grinder salad (see below!) or another salad of your choice, including an antipasto salad OR pasta salad.
Store dressing in a small bowl or mason jar for additional salads all week long.
It’s been said that the “grinder” name initially came from the tough Italian bread used to make the Grinder sandwich, which you would have to “grind” your teeth through.
The grinder salad uses mayo (or in our case, mayo plus Greek yogurt) while a typical Italian salad uses a vinaigrette.
Other Creamy Salad Dressings:
We have several other delicious creamy dressing recipes on the blog. Choose whatever you like!
- Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing
- Dill Pickle Ranch Dressing
- Jalapeno Ranch Dressing
Grinder Salad Dressing Recipe
- 6 Tablespoons mayo with olive oil
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper – to taste
- Add all ingredients to a medium bowl – the mayo, yogurt, red wine vinegar, Dijon, sugar, oregano, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Use a whisk to combine well. Transfer dressing to a mason jar and refrigerate.