Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share a commission.
Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing is a refreshing and vibrant dressing that combines Greek yogurt, light mayo, olive oil, cilantro, lime juice, and seasonings. You’ll want to add this creamy dressing to all the Tex-Mex dishes!
Cilantro Lime Sauce
It’s always a plus when a dressing doubles as a sauce, right? So while this zesty dressing can be drizzled on taco salads and burrito bowls, it also makes a great dipping sauce for chips, chicken strips, and tacos (or really anything).
Why This Recipe Works:
- SIMPLE – This easy cilantro lime dressing incorporates basic ingredients and is the real thing.
- ZESTY FLAVOR – The lime creates a refreshing and tangy flavor to any dish.
- CUSTOMIZABLE – Cilantro dressing is a great base for customization. You can try various substitution options to suit your taste preferences. For example, if you prefer a creamier texture, you can add some extra yogurt or avocado. If you like it spicier, you can incorporate jalapeños or a pinch of cayenne pepper.
What you’ll need to make Cilantro Lime Dressing:
You’ll need just a handful of ingredients to make this homemade salad dressing.
- Plain Greek Yogurt – This creamy dressing uses either 2% or 5% plain Greek yogurt.
- Light Mayo – We prefer using mayo with olive oil.
- Olive Oil – Extra-Virgin Olive Oil is used to enhance the creamy base.
- Cilantro – A key ingredient to the flavor of this Tex-Mex dressing. Be sure to use FRESH cilantro.
- Seasonings – A combo of onion powder, garlic powder, kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Lime – Freshly squeezed lime juice adds tartness and helps to thin the dressing simultaneously.
- Sugar – A pinch of sugar (as needed).
How to make the best Cilantro Lime Dressing:
Combine ingredients. Combine the cilantro lime dressing ingredients in a small food processor – Greek yogurt, mayo, olive oil, cilantro, seasonings, and fresh lime juice.
Blend ingredients. Start the food processor and blend until creamy, about a minute. You can also place ingredients in a large jar and use an immersion blender instead.
Store dressing. Pour dressing into a small bowl or mason jar and chill until ready to serve.
NOTE: Add more lime juice or cold water for a thinner dressing.
Other Tex-Mex Dressings:
In addition to this one, we love a variety of other homemade dressings for our taco obsession. Making your own dressings instead of using store-bought dressing will change your life.
How to use Cilantro Lime Dressing:
This creamy cilantro lime dressing recipe is good for Mexican food of all kinds.
- Mexican Street Corn Kale Salad – pictured below.
- Taco Crunch Wraps
- Fajita Taco Salad
- Healthy Taco Salad
Cilantro, also known as coriander or Chinese parsley, is a popular herb used in various cuisines around the world. It is known for its distinct flavor and aroma. Cilantro leaves are delicate, bright green, and have a pungent, citrusy, and slightly floral taste.
Cilantro can be a polarizing herb, as some people have a genetic predisposition that makes it taste soapy or unpleasant to them. This preference or aversion to cilantro is believed to be linked to specific genes, and it varies among individuals.
There are many pros to using Greek yogurt in creamy dressings. It’s 1) lower in fat, 2) rich in protein, 3) smooth and creamy, 4) tangy in flavor, 5) contributes to gut health, and 5) a good source of calcium.
Kitchen Tools Used: (affiliate links)
Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing Recipe
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 Tablespoons light mayo (with olive oil)
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1 large lime
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper – to taste
- a pinch of sugar
- Combine ingredients. Combine the cilantro lime dressing ingredients in a small food processor – Greek yogurt, mayo, olive oil, cilantro, seasonings, and fresh lime juice.
- Blend ingredients. Start the food processor and blend until creamy, about a minute. You can also place ingredients in a large jar and use an immersion blender instead.
- Store dressing. Pour dressing into a small bowl or mason jar and chill until ready to serve.
- NOTE: Add a pinch of sugar if needed to balance the acidity.
I love the aspect of homemade. This dressing is so refreshing!