Make these Greek Cauliflower Rice Bowls with Chicken for your family. The Tzatziki Sauce is a must for these healthy bowls!
After having lunch at Zoe’s Kitchen recently, and having a Greek bowl, I was inspired to make this recipe, along with the Tzatziki Sauce that is KEY to this tasty meal.
Tips for making the BEST Greek Bowls:
- Make the Tzatziki Sauce in advance, so that the flavors have time to meld together.
- You can either buy the frozen cauliflower rice (like I did), or make your own.
- Bake the chicken with just a few spices and olive oil, or buy some rotisserie chicken.
- Make some pita chips in the oven (real simple, trust me), or buy some.
- Add fresh cucumbers, red onion, and black olives.
There you have it. These are simple, and can be made even simpler with my tips above.
The Tzatziki Sauce really IS KEY to these Greek bowls. It’s tangy and healthy, and making it takes a mere ten minutes.
We ate these bowls two different ways. Once, at room temperature, after the cauliflower rice and chicken had cooled off. The second time, straight from the refrigerator and thus chilled. Both were equally good. Just make sure the Tzatziki Sauce is nice and cold.
xoxo ~ Sue
Make these bowls next: Grilled Chicken Burrito Bowls
You can stay up-to-date with SueBee Homemaker by:
- signing up for post updates (top right-hand corner of my blog)
- liking my Facebook Page
- and following me on Pinterest
I’m also sharing tidbits of my life on Instagram.
Healthy Greek Bowls with cauliflower rice, chicken, olives, veggies, and a homemade Tzatziki Sauce. So good!
- 1.25 pound chicken breasts - or two medium breasts
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 large lemon - freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill - or use 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper - to taste
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 medium English cucumber - diced thin and squeezed of extra liquid
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper - to taste
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil - drizzle on to serve
- 6 cups frozen cauliflower rice (I used frozen Bird's Eye) - microwaved and cooled to room temp
- 1/2 medium English cucumber - cut into slices
- 1/4 cup red onion - sliced
- 1/2 cup black olives
- pita wedges - to serve
Make the chicken. Using a sheet pan lined with parchment paper or foil. lay chicken breasts out, drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice, and then top with spices. Bake on 375 degrees for 25 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees. Remove from oven, let cool, and shred.
Make Tzatziki Sauce. Dice cucumber in small little bits. Squeeze the liquid out and add to a mixing bowl. Add minced garlic, yogurt, fresh dill, fresh lemon juice, and salt and pepper. Mix well, and then add a swirl of olive oil to the top for serving.
To assemble bowls, add cauliflower rice, shredded chicken, cucumber, red onion, black olives, and a dollop of Tzatziki Sauce. Sprinkle with a little bit more fresh dill, and add a few pita wedges.