Homemade Tzatziki Sauce is the perfect accompaniment to any Greek meal, or as a dipper for pita chips. Fresh dill is key to this flavorful dip!
What makes a great Tzatziki Sauce?
- Greek yogurt
- fresh garlic
- fresh dill
- fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
See? Simple. But so tasty, and perfect in my Greek Cauliflower Rice Bowls with Chicken. It basically MAKES the Greek bowls, because duh….Greek plus Tzatziki.
I recommend making the Tzatziki Sauce several hours in advance to get those flavors melding together.
Fresh Pita Chips? Yay or Nay?
I say YAY. If you want to skip the Greek Bowls, you could just make pita chips and get to dipping. All you do is 1) take fresh pita bread, 2) brush olive oil all over them, 3) season with paprika, salt, pepper (or whatever you like), and 4) bake.
You won’t regret it, I promise.
xoxo ~ Sue
Make this dip next: Chilled Black Bean Dip
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
Homemade Tzatziki Sauce
- 10 oz. plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 medium English cucumber – seeds removed and diced
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper – to taste
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil – drizzle on to serve
- De-seed the cucumber, and dice. Add to mixing bowl, with remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Refrigerate at least an hour before serving so flavors absorb. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil.