Best Creamy Corn Casserole is an old family recipe, consisting of just six ingredients. Simple and indulgent, this one is usually on a special occasion menu at our home.
The Holidays are all about memories for me. Big family gatherings in Iowa with siblings and their families, huddling in small kitchens with loud people and a few opinions, sharing recent photos and milestones, welcoming new babies and spouses to the mix, and catching up about all the things in life.
So while road trips have become less as our families have grown, we still go back to what feels like home when planning our meals. A holiday meal at our home wouldn’t be the same without a good mixture of old and new. This Creamy Corn Casserole is definitely one of the old, and my guys always love when it’s on our menu.
Simple, semi-homemade, and with just a few ingredients, THIS one stays.
Just six ingredients for this corn casserole:
- Corn Muffin Mix – I use the Jiffy corn muffin mix. Two boxes for a large casserole, but you could cut this in half too.
- Creamed Corn – Two cans of creamed corn.
- Whole Corn – Two cans of whole sweet corn.
- Sour Cream – I used 16 oz. of regular sour cream, but you could use light as well.
- Eggs – Four large eggs!
- Butter – One cup of butter, melted.
How to make the Best Creamy Corn Casserole:
Ya’ll, this is so easy. I don’t even need to write steps. Just mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl, pour it into a casserole dish, and bake. Ta-da!
This is double the recipe that’s in my mother’s hometown cookbook. We always make extra because the leftovers are fabulous too.
Other holiday dishes you should try:
- Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes – You can make these ahead of time, and just bake right before meal time.
- Sweet Potato Casserole with a Pecan Crumble – One of my all-time favs!
- Balsamic Glazed Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes – This is a very popular side, because everyone loves Brussels sprouts. 😀
- Spinach Salad with Honey Dijon Dressing – A simple salad, but with so much flavor.
Best Creamy Corn Casserole
- 1 cup unsalted butter – melted
- 16 oz. sour cream light
- 4 large eggs
- 30 oz. whole corn (canned) – drained
- 30 oz. creamed corn (canned)
- 17 oz. cornbread mix (2 boxes Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and mix well. Pour into a greased 9×13 casserole dish and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until done.