Arugula Caprese Salad is THE perfect 15-minute summer salad. Fresh arugula, cherry tomatoes, and basil, combined with fresh mozzarella balls and a balsamic vinegar dressing. Simple and fresh!
The month of August means many things to me.
- HOT weather. Remember, we live in Texas, so it’s normal for our temps to hover near 100 degrees for days on end. Definitely NOT my favorite month of the year. 🙁
- Back-to-School. Getting ready for a new school year is always a little bit exciting and depressing at the same time. Boys are pretty easy though, because a new pair of sneakers and a backpack are pretty much all we ever need, besides the obvious school supplies.
- One last vacation. It seems like we always try to take some sort of “last hurrah” trip to honor summer. This year is an extra fun one! 🙂
- Fresh tomatoes. My parents always had a bountiful garden, and let me tell you about ALL the tomatoes. Mom and Dad had so many tomatoes in August that Mom spent DAYS canning stewed tomatoes and salsa. I can still taste them now!
So tomatoes in August it is.
While I can’t seem to grow tomatoes, I do have a nice basil plant. Oh, the wonderful smell of basil! I use a small handful whenever I’m making Italian food, and if I have a whole bunch of it, I whip up my fav Homemade Pesto Sauce.
I made this super simple Arugula Caprese Salad last week with grilled steak and salmon. It literally took 15 minutes to make, maybe only 10. I recommend dressing the salad an hour or two in advance of serving, so that the flavors have time to soak in. The peppery arugula holds up well, and I love the taste of it with the fresh tomatoes and mozzarella balls.
Fire up your grill and enjoy this simple salad!
Please let me know if you try this Arugula Caprese Salad, and how you like it!
You can stay up-to-date with SueBee Homemaker by:
- signing up for post updates (top right-hand corner of my blog)
- liking my Facebook Page
- and following me on Pinterest
I’m also sharing tidbits of my life on Instagram. 🙂
- 4-5 cups fresh arugula
- 2 cups red, orange, and yellow cherry tomatoes - any combination
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil - chopped
- 12 oz. marinated fresh mozzarella balls
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 Tablespoons reserved marinade from mozzarella balls
- splash of honey
- salt and pepper - to taste
Slice cherry tomatoes in half. Drain mozzarella balls while reserving 1-2 Tablespoons of the marinade.
Combine salad by mixing arugula, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella balls, and basil.
Prepare dressing in mason jar by combining balsamic vinegar, olive oil, reserved marinade, splash of honey, and salt and pepper. Shake well and set aside.
Pour dressing over salad and store in refrigerator for 1-2 hours before serving.