Roasted Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts are a savory side dish that combines yellow potatoes, brussels sprouts, and bacon. These veggies are topped with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and then are roasted to perfection.
I’m constantly looking for new ways to serve brussels sprouts. They are full of vitamins and minerals, and I try to make them at least once a week. They become a SPECIAL dish when you add crispy bacon, buttery yellow potatoes, and a good dose of olive oil, salt, and pepper. To up the healthy factor, just use less bacon, or none at all.
Those brown bits you see in the photos? Those are the tasty parts. I love crisping up the brussels sprouts, and even the pickiest of eaters will like this combo. Trust me. 😀
If you are searching for other brussels sprouts recipes, try my Balsamic Glazed Brussels sprouts and Sweet Potatoes or my Easy Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon.
Ingredients needed for Roasted Potatoes and brussels sprouts:
This recipe is very simple. You can make the bacon and chop the brussels sprouts ahead of time.
- Yellow Potatoes – Use Yukon Golds for the best, buttery flavor. This is my favorite type of potato!
- Brussels Sprouts – I quartered mine for this recipe.
- Bacon – Just par-cook some bacon in the oven so you can eliminate some of the grease before mixing with the veggies.
- Olive Oil – Use Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for best results.
- S&P – Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, always!
How to make Roasted Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts:
- Par-cook the bacon. Line a baking sheet with foil, place a wire rack on top, followed by the bacon slices, and then cook on 400 for about 25 minutes. You want the bacon to be mostly cooked, but not too much. Soak up some of the grease by laying the bacon on some paper towel. Chop into small pieces when slightly cooled.
- Chop the potatoes. Chop the potatoes into bite-sized pieces. I like the potato chunks and the Brussels sprout chunks to be about the same size.
- Prep the brussels sprouts. Chop off the stem, remove the outer leaves, and depending on size, chop into quarters.
- Roast the veggies. Place the potatoes on one sheet pan, lined with with parchment paper, and top with half of the bacon. Drizzle with olive oil, and then add kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Repeat with the brussels sprouts. You may need to cover the brussels sprouts with foil for part of the time, as they tend to get dark. Bake at 400 degrees for about 35-40 minutes, or until veggies are tender. I recommend placing the potatoes on the top rack, with the Brussels sprouts underneath.
- Serve. Combine all roasted veggies plus bacon in a serving dish, add a bit more olive oil, salt and pepper, and serve immediately.
What to serve with Roasted Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts:
- Any main course like turkey, prime rib, brisket, chicken, fish, etc.
- Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Beef – Can be made in about an hour!
- Blackened Salmon Burgers – Super easy to make, and you can make the patties ahead of time.
- Creamy Jalapeño Stuffed Chicken – This one is more work, but SO delish.
- Skillet Blackened Tilapia – I keep the spice seasoning on hand at all times. 😀
This side dish can also be a main course, because BACON! The leftovers are great too. Enjoy!
Try this potato side dish next! Herb Buttery Smashed Potatoes
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
Roasted Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts - leaves trimmed, chopped
- 1 ½ pounds yellow potatoes - chopped
- 3-4 Tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- 1/2 pound bacon - par-cooked
- Line a baking sheet with foil place a wire rack on top, followed by the bacon slices, and bake on 400 degrees until almost fully cooked, approximately 25 minutes. Remove and lay on paper towels to soak up some of the grease. Chop into small pieces.
- Chop the potatoes into bite-sized chunks. Spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Add half of the chopped bacon, some olive oil, and salt and pepper.
- Prepare the brussels sprouts. Chop off the stem, remove outer leaves, and then cut into chunks equal to the potatoes. I chopped mine into fourths. Spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Add half of the chopped bacon, some olive oil, and salt and pepper.
- Roast both pans of veggies in the oven on 400 degrees until tender, approximately 35-40 minutes. Place potatoes on the top rack and brussels sprouts underneath. You may need to cover the brussels sprouts partway through cooking to avoid burning.
- Combine all cooked ingredients in a serving dish. Top with another drizzle of olive oil, kosher salt, and some freshly ground black pepper, if desired.
- You can prepare the bacon ahead of time, and chop up the Brussels sprouts.
- Leftovers are super tasty too.