Orange Julius Smoothies are refreshing and full of vitamins, with no added sugar. Simple to make and a perfect breakfast on-the-go or post work-out snack!
For the last couple of years, we’ve made smoothies almost EVERY SINGLE DAY. My hubby is a runner, and after his morning workout, I usually whip up a smoothie for him after he eats his Steel Cut Oats. Oranges, bananas, frozen fruit, yogurt, and milk are constantly being re-stocked in my kitchen. Because if I run out, the day just won’t be complete. In fact, someone might even cry. 😀
Why make your own smoothies at home?
- You control what’s in your smoothies.
- You can save a ton of money by making your own.
- Anyone in the family can be taught to make smoothies.
- There are endless combinations of ingredients and options, so you’ll never get bored.
For those of you who have (or haven’t!) had an Orange Julius, you will be pleased. This smoothie has zero added sugar, unlike the original Orange Julius. But trust me. You do NOT need any additional sugar. It’s naturally sweetened, and tastes great.
Ingredients needed for Orange Julius Smoothies:
We’ve got a short list of ingredients here, and ones that you can keep stocked in your kitchen at all times.
- Oranges – You’ll need two medium oranges or one large one.
- Banana – You can freeze the banana or not.
- Greek yogurt – I like to use the vanilla flavor, but plain works great too.
- Vanilla – We buy THIS brand on the regular.
- Milk – Just a small amount is needed to blend.
- Ice – You’ll need several cups of ice to get it to a nice consistency.
How to make the BEST Orange Julius Smoothies:
- Using a large blender, combine the oranges, banana, Greek yogurt, vanilla, and milk. Blend until very well mixed.
- Add ice cubes to get to your desired consistency.
- Serve with an orange slice and a straw.
Try these smoothies next!
- Blueberry Smoothie Bowls – We often make these bowls into actual smoothies. Both are super tasty.
- Acai Smoothie Bowls – This is an oldie but a goodie.
- Ultimate Green Power Smoothie – Lots of vitamins in this power packed smoothie.
- Blueberry Mango Chia Smoothies – Full of frozen fruit, and layered for a special presentation.
- Raspberry Nutella Smoothies – This one has some extra indulgence, including ice cream and Nutella!
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
Orange Julius Smoothies
These Orange Julius Smoothies are refreshing and full of vitamins. Perfect for a post-workout snack!
- 2 medium oranges - peeled
- 1 medium banana
- 1 5.3 ounce vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3-4 cups ice - or enough for desired consistency
In a large blender, combine oranges, banana, yogurt, vanilla, and milk. Blend until very well combined.
Add ice until you reach your desired consistency.
Serve with an orange slice and a straw.