Orange Julius Smoothies are refreshing and full of vitamins, with no added sugar. Simple to make and a perfect post work-out snack!
This recipe occurred in a completely natural way. Zach, our 18 year old, was looking for something to snack on, and he decided to make a smoothie. But this time, he said he wanted to use an orange, and he asked me what he should put with it. So I told him to use a banana, milk, yogurt, and maybe some frozen fruit. Well, he decided to skip the frozen fruit and just use ice.
Zach shared his smoothie with me, and guess what? It tastes like an Orange Julius.
But BETTER! 😀
For those of you who have (or haven’t!) had an Orange Julius, you will be pleased. This smoothie has zero added sugar, and I’m sure that the original Julius (the one in the mall) has sugar in it.
Trust me. You do NOT need any additional sugar. It’s naturally sweetened, and tastes AMAZING.
Why make your own smoothies at home?
- You control what’s in your smoothies.
- You can save a ton of money by making your own.
- Anyone in the family can be taught to make smoothies.
- There are endless combinations of ingredients and options so you’ll never get bored.
In addition to these Orange Julius Smoothies, I’ve shared a couple of others that you should try.
New on the smoothie train at our house —> Orange Julius Smoothies!
What I posted last year: Chocolate Peanut Butter Skillet Cookie
You can stay up-to-date with SueBee Homemaker by:
- signing up for post updates (top right-hand corner of my blog)
- liking my Facebook Page
- and following me on Pinterest
I’m also sharing tidbits of my life on Instagram.
These Orange Julius Smoothies are refreshing and full of vitamins. Perfect for a post-workout snack!
- 1 large orange
- 1 medium frozen banana - or not frozen is fine too
- 1 5.3 ounce vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1-2 cups ice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest - optional
Place all ingredients in a blender and pulse. Garnish with orange zest.
If you don't have a frozen banana, you may need more ice.