Berry Peanut Butter Smoothies are high in protein and vitamins, and are the ultimate energy boost for busy mornings. These are adult and kid friendly, and they taste a lot like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Your family is going to love them!
My guy eats a smoothie every single day. He’s on the Peloton bike most mornings at 5am, followed by a shower and his breakfast of Steel Cut Oats and a big ‘ole smoothie. I like to mix up the smoothie combos, and recently rotated in one of these peanut butter beauties. So delicious and a perfect way to add some protein for muscle recovery.
If you look at the nutrition label, there are a whopping 16 grams of protein in each smoothie. Great for kids and adults alike.
Ingredients needed for Berry Peanut Butter Smoothies:
- Banana – One medium banana is all you need.
- Yogurt – One 5.3 oz. container of Greek yogurt, any flavor.
- Milk – I used 1% milk for this recipe, but any version of milk works just fine.
- Chia Seeds – These are packed with essential nutrients, such as omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, and fiber.
- Peanut Butter – This is the secret ingredient that makes these smoothies different from the others. That peanut butter taste definitely stands out.
- Frozen Fruit – I chose a mixed berry blend, but any fruit blend will taste great.
How to make Berry Peanut Butter Smoothies:
- In a large mixer, place all ingredients in the following order: banana, yogurt, peanut butter, frozen fruit, and milk.
- Pulse until well blended.
- Serve immediately.
Berry Peanut Butter Smoothies
- 1 medium banana
- 5.3 oz. vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 Tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- Place all ingredients in a large blender. Pulse until smooth. Serve immediately.