Creamy Peanut Butter Ice Cream combines creamy peanut butter with a sweet cream base, along with chopped up peanut butter cups. Use a 4-quart ice cream maker and enjoy the best ice cream for days!
My family never complains when I’m testing out an ice cream recipe. I’ve been dreaming about this one for years now, because I love a good creamy peanut butter bowl of delish. My dad is a HUGE ice cream lover, and one of his favorites is peanut butter. So this one is for him. Dad, I want to make this one for YOU!
One of the best parts about adding peanut butter to ice cream (besides the creaminess) is the PROTEIN! How often do you get to enjoy a sweet treat that has some actual nutrition? I know it includes sugar too, but let’s celebrate with the “bowl is half full” mentality instead of half empty. Ooookaaayyy?! 😀
Ya’ll. This ice cream is…
- peanut buttery
- with some chunks of peanut butter cup throughout
- and hopefully a little bit melty, which is how I love to consume this.
You MUST try this recipe!
Ingredients needed for Creamy Peanut Butter Ice Cream:
- Pasteurized Eggs – These are safe to eat in raw form. If you are unable to find them, you will need to temper your eggs.
- Sugar – You’ll need just 3/4 cup for this recipe, much less than my other ice cream recipes!
- Vanilla – I always use Watkins Vanilla for my ice cream recipes because it has the best flavor.
- Dairy – Heavy Cream and 1% Milk – You’ll need an equal ratio of both for this recipe.
- Creamy Peanut Butter – I’ve only tried this with creamy peanut butter, but you could also try crunchy if preferred.
- Peanut Butter Cups – These are stirred into the ice cream at the end of churning. You could also omit these if you’d like.
- Ice and Rock Salt – These are used for churning the ice cream only. They don’t go into the actual recipe ingredients.
How to make Creamy Peanut Butter Ice Cream:
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Add the sugar and vanilla and beat again.
- Scoop the peanut butter in a microwavable dish. Warm up for about 30 seconds to get it slightly warmed and extra creamy.
- Add the peanut butter to the mixing bowl, and mix well.
- Next, add the heavy cream and milk, and mix again.
- Pour the mixture into the canister of the ice cream maker.
- Place the canister into the ice cream maker, and layer the ice and rock salt all around it. As ice melts, continue adding layers of ice and salt. You’ll know when it’s done when ice cream starts to expand and thicken, and the ice cream maker slows down.
- When the ice cream is finished, add the chopped peanut butter cups, and stir. Pour into a Tupperware container (but save yourself a small sample sized bowl), and freeze immediately.
- Let the ice cream harden in the freezer a bit before serving, if you can wait that long.
I’ve got several amazing ice cream recipes on the blog. All of them require an ice cream maker:
- Double Chocolate Ice Cream
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
- Very Berry Strawberry Ice Cream
Let’s celebrate summer and eat ice cream!! 😀
Kitchen Tools used for this recipe: (Affiliate Links)
- 4-Quart Electric Ice Cream Maker – You’ll need this for this recipe!
- 11-Inch Whisk – to whisk the ice cream mixture.
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
Creamy Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- 4 large pasteurized eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons vanilla
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 3 cups 1% milk
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 25 mini Reese's peanut butter cups
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Add the sugar and vanilla, and beat again.
- Scoop the peanut butter into a microwavable dish. Warm up for about 30 seconds to get it sligthly warmed and extra creamy. Add the peanut butter to the mixing bowl with the egg mixture, and mix well.
- Add the heavy cream and milk, and mix vigorously.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into the ice cream canister. Place canister into the ice cream maker, and layer the ice and rock salt all around it. As the ice melts, continue adding layers of ice and salt.
- The ice cream is ready when it expands and thickens, and the ice cream maker slows down.
- Add the chopped Reese's Peanut Butter Cups into the ice cream, and mix. Pour into a large tupperware container, and freeze.