Honey Sriracha Chicken Kabobs are THE perfect summer grilling recipe. Healthy, easy to prepare, and a wonderful sweet-and-spicy flavor.
I love summer grilling. Since we live in Texas, we can pretty much grill all year round.
But there is something about summertime.
- hot, sticky weather
- pool time with the boys
- the taste of a cold beer alongside the grill
- special guests to feed
- listening to the Beach Boys 😀
- and the smells of a grill cooking up something yummy for dinner
I’m all in for summer grilling.
Ingredients needed for Honey Sriracha Chicken Kabobs:
- Chicken – You’ll need two pounds of skinless, boneless chicken breasts.
- Onion – One large yellow onion needed (or red onion works too).
- Bell Pepper – Use about 1.5 to 2 bell peppers – any color.
- Honey – This will balance out the spicy.
- Sriracha – And this balances out the sweet.
- Vinegar – I use rice vinegar.
- Seasonings – Red pepper flakes (optional), kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper. You can also use some seasoned salt while grilling, if desired.
How to make Honey Sriracha Chicken Kabobs:
- Prep chicken. Cube the chicken into one inch cubes. Place in a freezer bag.
- Make marinade. Combine marinade ingredients – the honey, sriracha, vinegar, and seasonings in a bowl and mix well. Pour over the chicken (reserving about 1/3 cup) and seal bag tightly. Place chicken in the refrigerator for at least an hour or more.
- Prep veggies. Chop onions and peppers into bite sized pieces.
- Assemble skewers. Rotate chicken, onions, and peppers on skewers, and place on a large baking sheet.
- Grill. Light an outdoor grill to about 375 degrees. When hot, grill skewers, rotating to cook on all sides. Remove from the grill when the chicken is cooked through. A digital thermometer should read 165 degrees.
- Serve. Serve chicken kabobs over rice, and drizzle with reserved marinade.
Summer grilling is the BEST.
We’ve always been big on grilling. Even when we lived up north, we grilled as often as we could, even in the snow at times. So yes, we’re pretty spoiled to be able to grill whenever we want, although we do it way more in the summer months. The problem is sometimes it gets SO hot in Texas, especially when you are hovering over the BGE flipping and rotating. But that’s ok, because the food always tastes better.
Kitchen Tools used for this recipe:
- Global 7-inch Knife – Favorite kitchen knife.
- Kabob Skewers – Used to grill the steak kabobs.
- Stainless-Steel Grill Tongs 17-inch – Our go-to tongs for grilling all the things.
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
Honey Sriracha Chicken Kabobs
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts – cubed
- 1/2 large yellow onion – cubed
- 1/2 large red bell pepper – cubed
- 1/2 large green bell pepper – cubed
- rice – to serve
For the marinade:
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup Sriracha
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper – to taste
- seasoned salt – for grilling, if desired
- Cut chicken breasts into one inch cubes. Place in gallon sized freezer bag or airtight container.
- In a mixing bowl, combine honey, Sriracha, rice vinegar, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper. Reserve 1/3 cup marinade in small bowl and set aside. Pour remaining marinade over cubed chicken breasts, and place in refrigerator for about an hour or more.
- Cube onion and bell peppers.
- Let chicken reach almost room temperature before grilling. Assemble chicken and vegetables on skewers.
- Light grill to 375 degrees. When hot, grill chicken kabobs until done, rotating to all sides. Use seasoned salt, if desired. When done, a digital thermometer should read 165 degrees.
- Serve kabobs over rice, and drizzle reserved marinade if desired.