Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice is an easy four-ingredient side dish that pairs wonderfully with your favorite Mexican cuisine. Using the instant pot guarantees perfectly cooked rice every time!
We love our Tex-Mex, and I’ve been using my instant pot to make this cilantro lime rice on the regular. It turns out beautifully every time, and it’s a game changer for everything Mexican food related. Why serve plain old rice when you can add a couple of simple ingredients for WAY more flavor? Ya’ll need to make this one for your family and friends soon!
This rice keeps so nicely in the refrigerator for days. In fact, my son Josh likes to meal prep with it, and he often eats it all week long with whatever protein he chooses. Like I said, it’s a game changer!
Ingredients needed for Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice:
Using an instant pot for this recipe is SO darn easy. Just set it up and stay close by. It doesn’t take long!
- Long Grain Rice – You can use either white or brown, or even a combo of rice. Make sure you rinse it well under cold water before adding to the Instant Pot.
- Lower Sodium Chicken Broth – This gives the rice a nice hearty flavor.
- Cilantro – So much flavor in this amazing herb!
- Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice – Two limes make this perfectly lime-y.
- Salt and Pepper – I always use kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
How to make Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice:
- Make rice. Using a 6-quart instant pot, combine the rinsed rice with the chicken broth. Add a pinch of salt. Press “Pressure Cook” and set the time to 15 minutes (making sure the valve is closed). After the instant pot pressurizes, and cooks for 15 minutes, let it do a natural release for 10 minutes. Then release the valve, remove lid, and fluff with a fork.
- Prep the cilantro and limes. While the Instant Pot is cooking the rice, chop up the cilantro and set aside. Then use a citrus press to squeeze two fresh limes into a bowl, or squeeze directly in the IP (as pictured above). Set aside.
- Add ingredients. When the rice is done cooking, add the cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Stir everything together and test seasonings.
- Serve with a little more freshly ground black pepper and a lime wedge. Enjoy!
What to serve with Cilantro Lime Rice:
- Easy Fish Tacos – One of my go-to fish meals. Just like dining out!
- Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas – Use store-bought rotisserie chicken for a time saver.
- Instant Pot Crispy Pork Carnitas – I DO love my instant pot, especially for this recipe.
- Easy Taco Crunch Wraps – These are perfect for little hands!
- Shredded Beef Chipotle Enchiladas – I love using my homemade enchilada sauce for this recipe. So good!
Make this rice recipe next: Weeknight Spicy Fried Rice
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
- 2 1/2 cups long-grain rice - either white or brown
- 3 1/4 cups lower sodium chicken broth
- 2/3 cup cilantro - chopped
- 2 medium limes - freshly squeezed
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- Place rice in a fine mesh colondar, and rinse with water. Pour into the instant pot, along with the chicken broth. Set instant pot to "pressure cook", and set time to 15 minutes. Seal the vent to close, and let the instant pot build up pressure.
- After the 15 minutes are up, let the instant pot do a natural release for 10 minutes. Then do a quick release by opening the vent.
- Remove the lid from the instant pot. Use a fork to fluff the rice, and then add chopped cilantro and the fresh lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
- You can store this rice in the refrigerator for several days. Just microwave it with your favorite protein.
- Tailor the amount of cilantro and lime to your tastes.
- You can also use a mixture of brown and white rice.