Broccoli Salad with Honey Dijon Dressing is bursting with color and nutrients. Ten cups of broccoli, with handfuls of carrots, onion, cheddar cheese, Craisins, bacon, and slivered almonds – all mixed together and topped with a delicious and tangy honey dijon dressing. YES please!
Spring time is HERE, and I’m craving all the colors of the rainbow. The green, orange, and yellow vegetables that mean warmer weather is finally here. My blood has obviously thinned since I lived up north, because I get cold much faster now. Our Texas winter was COLD this year! I’m ready to open the windows and let the sunshine in.
I’m currently craving salads. Lettuce salads, cabbage salads, and just anything with a lot of crunch. Which is why I’ve made this Broccoli Salad several times lately.
This broccoli salad is just so many things.
- bright and vibrant
- interesting textures
- lots of crunch
- perfect combo of salt and sweet
- finished off with an amazing dressing
You’re gonna love this one. Trust me!
Ingredients needed for Healthy Broccoli Salad:
For the salad:
- Broccoli – Buy the broccoli crowns, if possible. The broccoli will be fresher (and taste better) than buying pre-cut broccoli.
- Carrots – I took the easy route and bought matchstix carrots however, but you could definitely slice them yourself.
- Onion – Red onion works the best in this salad.
- Craisins – If you can find the lower-sugar ones, get those! We can’t tell the difference from the regular version.
- Cheese – Some shredded sharp cheddar cheese is the perfect balance to the sweetness in this salad.
- Bacon – Just six slices needed. Don’t skip the bacon please!
- Almonds – Toast some slivered almonds for the perfect crunch.
The Honey Dijon Dressing makes this Broccoli Salad complete. It’s tangy, creamy, and sweet at the same time, which is necessary when you have a strong vegetable like broccoli. Make sure you add the dressing to the salad well in advance to make sure the flavors are well incorporated. The salad won’t wilt. It will just taste better.
For the dressing:
- Olive Oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Dijon Mustard
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt and Pepper
How to make Healthy Broccoli Salad with Honey Dijon Dressing:
- Prep ingredients. Chop the broccoli into little florets, slice the onion, toast the almonds, cook the bacon.
- Combine. Add all salad ingredients to a large salad bowl – the broccoli, carrots, red onion, Craisins, cheese, bacon, and almonds – and toss.
- Make dressing. Measure all salad dressing ingredients into a mason jar, and shake vigorously. Pour over broccoli salad, and store salad in the refrigerator for an hour or two before serving, is possible.
- EAT. Enjoy your broccoli salad! 😀
Other healthy and delicious salads for you to try:
- Mexican Quinoa Salad with Avocado Crema – A personal fav, and one that’s a full meal for me.
- Chopped Greek Pasta Salad – Great for summertime barbecues.
- Crunchy Asian Cabbage Salad – THE most popular recipe on my blog, currently.
Make this salad next: Mom’s Best Creamy Cucumber Salad
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
Healthy Broccoli Salad with Honey Dijon Dressing
Broccoli Salad with Honey Dijon Dressing is bursting with color and nutrients. Ten cups of broccoli, with handfuls of carrots, onion, cheddar cheese, Craisins, bacon, and slivered almonds - all mixed together and topped with a delicious and tangy honey dijon dressing. YES please!
For the salad:
- 10 cups broccoli - from about three heads, cut into bite-sized
- 2 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/2 cup red onion - diced
- 1/2 cup Craisins - lower sugar
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon - cooked and sliced
- 1 cup slivered almonds - toasted
For the dressing:
- 8 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper - to taste
Add all the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
Mix the dressing in a salad shaker. Pour the dressing over the salad, mix, and store in the refrigerator for a couple of hours before serving.
- For best results, add the dressing an hour or two before serving.
- Leftovers are great for a couple of days.