Broccoli Salad with Honey Dijon Dressing is bursting with color and nutrients. Eight cups of broccoli, with handfuls of carrots, onion, cheddar cheese, craisins, bacon, and slivered almonds – all mixed together and topped with a delicious and tangy honey dijon dressing. YES please!
Spring time is HERE, and I’m craving all the colors of the rainbow. The green, orange, and yellow vegetables that mean warmer weather is finally here. My blood has obviously thinned since I lived up north, because I get cold much faster now. Our Texas winter was COLD this year! I’m ready to open the windows and let the sunshine in.
I’m currently craving salads. Lettuce salads, cabbage salads, and just anything with a lot of crunch. Which is why I’ve made this Broccoli Salad several times lately.
It’s just so many things.
- bright and vibrant
- interesting textures
- lots of crunch
- perfect amount of salt and sweet
- finished off with an amazing dressing
You’re gonna love this one. Trust me!
The Honey Dijon Dressing makes this Broccoli Salad complete. It’s tangy, creamy, and sweet at the same time, which is necessary when you have a strong vegetable like broccoli. Make sure you add the dressing to the salad well in advance to make sure the flavors are well incorporated. The salad won’t wilt. It will just taste better.
Some time-saver shortcuts are the following.
- Buy pre-cut broccoli, and just trim it into small bites.
- Add ready made match stick carrots.
- Use pre-cooked bacon and just cook it slightly to add crunch.
I love simple salads, especially when they taste as good as this one.
Make this salad next: Shaved Cauliflower Salad with Lemon Dressing
You can stay up-to-date with SueBee Homemaker by:
- signing up for post updates (top right-hand corner of my blog)
- liking my Facebook Page
- and following me on Pinterest
I’m also sharing tidbits of my life on Instagram.
Healthy Broccoli Salad with Honey Dijon Dressing
Eight cups of broccoli, with handfuls of carrots, onion, cheddar cheese, craisins, bacon, and slivered almonds - all mixed together and topped with a delicious and tangy honey dijon dressing.
For the salad:
- 8 cups broccoli florets - cut small
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/2 cup red onion - diced
- 1/2 cup Craisins
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon - crumbled
- 1 cup slivered almonds - toasted
For the dressing:
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper - to taste
Add all the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
Mix the dressing in a salad shaker. Pour the dressing over the salad, mix, and store in the refrigerator for a couple of hours before serving.
- Shortcuts include - buy precut broccoli and just trim the stems, buy matchstick carrots, use pre-cooked bacon and just heat to crunchy.
- For best results, add the dressing an hour or two before serving.
- Leftovers are great for a couple of days.