I love an easy weeknight meal, and these Grilled Buffalo Chicken Wraps fit the bill. Prep the chicken the night before, fire up the grill after work, and you are on your way to a tasty dinner. Great for game days too!
My college boy inspired this tasty chicken. He was home on break and suggested making buffalo chicken, so I quickly gathered my ideas on paper, sent him grocery shopping 🙂 and ta-da —> here it is!
All you need are a few simple ingredients.
- chicken breasts
- Frank’s Hot Wing Sauce —-> KEY
- olive oil, honey, and a few spices
- tortillas (or any wraps)
- havarti cheese (or any cheese you like)
- celery and carrots
- Ranch dressing (or make your own version)
The best news is that if you double the chicken (and marinade), you can turn the buffalo chicken into quesadillas, rice bowls, salads, and so on. I love having leftover chicken in the refrigerator.
The buffalo chicken marinade LOOKS spicy. But trust me, this is nothing compared to some of the jalapeño inspired dishes I’ve made. It has a slight kick, but it’s more tangy than anything else.
Make sure you reserve some of the marinade for brushing on top of the chicken after it’s finished on the grill. Please don’t reserve anything from the bag with the chicken in it. That needs to be discarded.
We used our panini press to make the wraps, but you could just simply roll it up without that extra step.
Nutritional data is now included below. To cut some of the calories, you could use a flatbread or lower carb tortilla, go lighter on the cheese, and/or use a yogurt based dressing.
Make this chicken recipe next: Chicken Curry with Vegetables
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
Grilled Buffalo Chicken Wraps
For the chicken marinade:
- 2 pounds chicken breasts – boneless, skinless
- 1/3 cup Frank’s Hot Wings Sauce
- 1.5 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 Tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
For the wraps:
- 4 large tortillas
- 4 slices havarti cheese
- 1 large avocado – sliced
- 4 Tablespoons Ranch Light Dressing
- 1/2 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/2 cup celery – sliced in matchsticks
- Butterfly the chicken and place in a ziplock bag. In a small bowl, combine the rest of the marinade ingredients, reserve a scant 1/4 cup, and pour the remaining marinade over the chicken. Store the chicken in the refrigerator for at least two hours, or longer – even overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor or indoor grill. Grill chicken until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Remove and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice chicken in strips and brush reserved marinade over the top.
- Arrange wraps by layering chicken, cheese, and avocado along the center of the tortillas. Fold each side up and place in preheated panini press. Grill for a few minutes and remove. Serve with some Ranch dressing and some carrots and celery.