Lemon Orzo Pasta Salad is a perfect warm weather salad. Super delicious and light tasting – with a lemon, honey, and olive oil dressing!
Another recipe re-do, and just in time for summer cook-outs. This Lemon Orzo Pasta Salad is unbelievably light tasting due to the fresh lemon in this recipe. There is just a touch of honey in the dressing to give it the perfect mix of sweet and salty.
As you can see from the picture below, there are only seven ingredients in this salad – plus a three ingredient dressing, not counting the salt and pepper. It’s a breeze to whip together, and making it ahead of time is a good idea, because the flavor gets better as it sits.
The dressing has just three ingredients – olive oil, fresh lemon juice, and honey (plus s&p). It is super light tasting, and if you enjoy the flavors of lemon, you’ll like this one a bunch.
I’m always looking for ways to make my green salads more interesting. So tonight I topped my greens with this pasta salad and a grilled chicken breast. There was tons of protein in my dinner, including the feta, chickpeas, and chicken. And the lemon flavor made it taste fresh and light.
This orzo pasta salad will make a recurring appearance on our dinner table all summer long.
Make this salad next: Italian Chopped Salad with Creamy Italian Dressing
You can stay up-to-date with SueBee Homemaker by:
- signing up for post updates (top right-hand corner of my blog)
- liking my Facebook Page
- and following me on Pinterest
I’m also sharing tidbits of my life on Instagram.
Lemon Orzo Pasta Salad
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1.5 cups orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 red pepper - chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper - chopped
- 1 cup plum tomatoes - sliced in half
- 4 green onions - diced
- 1 15 oz can chick peas - rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 large lemon
- 2 tsp honey
- salt & pepper - to taste
In a medium sauce pan, bring the chicken broth to a boil, add orzo pasta and cook until al dente. Rinse with cool water and drain.
Chop up the red and yellow pepper, tomatoes, and green onion.
- Rinse and drain the chick peas and combine all the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Make the dressing by combining olive oil, honey, and freshly squeezed lemon. Add salt and pepper to taste. Shake well.
- Drizzle the dressing over the dry ingredients and combine. Serve chilled or at room temperature.