Homemade Taco Seasoning is SO much better than store bought, and takes only a few minutes! Make up a large batch and keep it handy in your pantry for all of your taco nights.
I’ve made countless tacos for my boys over the years. Using store-bought seasoning used to be the standard, until I decided I didn’t like the taste. Eww, aftertaste! Then I started using just plain old salsa, which got old after awhile. This is the newest thing for me, and it definitely doesn’t disappoint.
This blend is the bomb of all taco seasonings.
Just nine simple ingredients:
- chili powder
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- red pepper flakes
- kosher salt
- black pepper
Mix them all together, and then add it to your meat of choice.
I’ve started making up a large batch to keep handy in my pantry. Then I just use about 1.5 – 2 tablespoons for every pound of meat. Taco night can’t get any easier than this!
I multiplied my recipe for my Taco Crunch Wraps (just change the amount of servings directly in my recipe) by ten for the jar above. And then I made another jar to send to Josh at TTU, since I was mailing him his basketball shoes anyway.
Use this seasoning in ALL your taco’ish recipes.
- my next recipe, Easy Taco Crunch Wraps
- coming soon – Classic Taco Pizza
- or just any old taco recipe
For all of you busy parents, this is a total time saver AND a taste enhancer! Trust me.
Make this Tex-Mex recipe next: Beef and Bean Nachos
You can stay up-to-date with SueBee Homemaker by:
- signing up for post updates (top right-hand corner of my blog)
- liking my Facebook Page
- and following me on Pinterest
I’m also sharing tidbits of my life on Instagram.
Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 13 Tablespoons chili powder
- 7 Tablespoons cumin
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 3 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 7 teaspoons sugar
- 7 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 teaspoons black pepper - or freshly ground black pepper
- Mix all seasonings together, and store in a mason jar.
- Whenever you are ready for tacos, sprinkle 1.5 - 2 Tablespoons of seasoning on meat. Very convenient for taco night!
- This seasoning is best kept in a tightly sealed mason jar in your pantry.
- It will stay fresh for up to one year.
- Use the seasoning on any ground meat for use in tacos, burritos, taco salads, etc.