White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies are the perfect mix of sweet and salty, loaded with white chocolate chips and chopped macadamia nuts. Best enjoyed with a tall glass of milk and some friends!
We got hooked on these cookies several years ago while on our first trip to Hawaii. Vivid memories of warm white chocolate macadamia nut cookies while on a catamaran on the beautiful Napali Coast of Kauai will always be my first thought. If that doesn’t make you want to eat all the cookies, I’m not sure what will!
These cookies are so many things. 😀
- Soft and chewy – a perfect texture
- Sweet – from the white chocolate chips
- Salty – due to those macadamia nuts and a sprinkling of salt after baking
- Addicting – but that’s ok!
Ingredients needed for White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies:
- Butter – Use unsalted butter that has been softened to room temperature.
- Sugars – I use a combo of brown and granulated sugars.
- Eggs – Two large eggs (room temperature is best).
- Vanilla – I love the Watkins brand.
- Flour – Use all-purpose flour.
- Baking Essentials – Baking soda, baking powder, and kosher salt.
- Macadamia Nuts – I used dry roasted with sea salt, and roughly chopped them..
- White Chocolate Chips – One cup, plus a few more to add to the tops.
How to make White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies:
- Prep. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the wet ingredients. In a standing mixer, cream together the softened butter and sugars. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix again.
- Mix the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and kosher salt.
- Combine. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and mix until just combined. Don’t over-mix!
- Add white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. Remove the bowl from the mixer and stir the chips and nuts in by hand until well distributed.
- Refrigerate. Refrigerate the dough for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Bake. Roll dough into 20 balls. Place on cookie sheets, eight at a time, and bake for approximately 12-15 minutes, or until they are slightly golden on top.
- Cool and store. Move the cookies to cooling racks. Store in an airtight container or a freezer bag. These can be frozen up to three months.
Looking for some other delicious cookie recipes?
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies – Includes a Reeses cup in each cookie. Whoop!
- Super Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies – We like these slightly under-baked. 😀
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies – These are LOADED with oatmeal and chocolate chips!
Facts about macadamia nuts:
- While the macadamia nut originated in Australia, most commercial production is done in Hawaii, on the big island.
- Macadamia nuts are the worlds most expensive nuts because it takes 7-10 years for the trees to begin producing. They average $25 per pound.
- These nuts are so popular because of their rich, buttery flavor.
- Macadamia nuts are rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber, antioxidants, and healthy fats.
Kitchen Tools used for this recipe: (Affiliate Links)
Make this cookie recipe next: Best Ever Peanut Butter Cookies
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter – softened to room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 large eggs – at room temp
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup macadamia nuts – roughly chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- plus a sprinkling of kosher salt after baking
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a standing mixer, cream the butter and sugars together. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix again.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients – the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful to not over-stir.
- Stir in the roughly chopped macadamia nuts and the white chocolate chips. I nomally do this by hand.
- Roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and bake for 13-15 minutes. Move cookies to cooling rack.