Spinach Salad with Avocado and Goat Cheese
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share a commission.
Spinach Salad with Avocado and Goat Cheese comes complete with loads of veggies and pine nuts. The creamy dressing is simple, combining olive oil, white wine vinegar, dijon mustard, and salt and pepper. So fresh, so amazing!
Gimme gimme all the greens. The goat cheese. Avocado. Pine nuts. ALL OF IT.
This salad is my dream salad. Brought to you indirectly from my sister, Jackie – all the way from Colorado. She and her hubby came to visit us in late May on their trek through Texas. They hit that hotter than heck weather week, and I was sad they had to experience THAT on their trip. We Texans are used to it. But Colorado-ans…not so much.
So what did we do? We played in the pool, drank margaritas (and water, of course), and stayed close to the a/c. We also made THIS salad. It’s Jackie’s creation (with a few modifications), and it’s the boss of all salads.
Ingredients Needed for Spinach Salad with Avocado and Goat Cheese:
- healthy spinach leaves
- crunchy cucumbers, red onion, and cherry tomatoes
- fresh corn on the cob, grilled or sautéed
- toasted pine nuts
- perfectly ripe avocado
- creamy, dreamy goat cheese
To top it off, a simple three ingredients plus s&p:
- olive oil
- white wine vinegar
- dijon mustard
BTW, take a look at the nutrition label below. Super low in sugar and calories. High in protein and taste. And I’ve made it about a hundred times since May.
The creaminess of the goat cheese plus the dressing really give this boss salad that lick-smacking flavor. And those pine nuts? They give it that perfect toasty crunch. This combination is really what salads should be all about.
Boring? NO. Dream loving comfort? YES.
A total meal? For me, yes. For my guys, no.
I love summertime salads. You’ll love it too!
One more thing before I go regarding the toasting of nuts. 😀
How do you toast nuts to perfection?
- Start a saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Pour nuts in the pan.
- Stir occasionally and stay close by.
- They are done when they start to turn a golden brown and you can smell them.
- Be careful not to burn them!
Make this salad next: Italian Chopped Salad with Creamy Italian Dressing
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
Spinach Salad with Avocado and Goat Cheese
For the salad:
- 12 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes – halved
- 1 cup cucumber – chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion – sliced thin
- 1 large avocado – chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup pine nuts – toasted
For the dressing:
- 5 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper – to taste
- Toast pine nuts in skillet, until slightly browned. When you smell them, they are ready. Remove to cool.
- If using fresh corn (on the cob), remove corn and cook in a skillet on medium high, approximately 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Mix the salad ingredients together in a large bowl. (Add avocado right before serving. The rest can be combined in advance.)
- Prepare dressing in a mason jar, and shake to mix well.
- Pour dressing over salad to serve.
Second review on this because I make this one over and over. It’s so great, y’all should try it!
Ahhh, thanks Jackie! It’s Mike’s favorite salad! 🙂
Just looking at it made me want to eat this again. I’ll have to get busy this weekend. Great salad for only two or for a party!!
Now you have the recipe at your fingertips! Enjoy, and see you soon! 🙂
This salad is so good! I made a big bowl for lunches this week. Thanks Sue 🙂
Thanks so much Brooke! It’s one of my favorite salads, and we are making it weekly! 🙂
My ALL time favorite salad!! So yummy!!
I’m so glad you are enjoying it, Tiff!! 🙂
This salad is amazing and it is my favorite of all time! I wish I could rate higher than 5 stars as it is healthy, tastes incredible and is easy with eight simple ingredients. The goat cheese is the key to this recipe. Also, I realize that dressing can be a preference thing, but this simple dressing really compliments the salad!
Yup, I know you LOVE it! 🙂