Serve this Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Salad at room temperature or cold. A generous drizzle of fresh lemon dressing makes this vegetable salad unbelievable tasty. Hello fresh, and hello super foods!!
Ever since I decided to give quinoa a chance, I’ve had nothing but love for it. I’ll admit, it’s hard to get used to the texture. But when you take into account all the health benefits, and you doctor it up with other tasty ingredients, you suddenly start craving it.
Let’s talk about all the SUPER FOODS in this one recipe.
- sweet potatoes
And then there is a tangy lemon dressing (just like the one I used here) that gets drizzled over the top, and gives it a whole new taste.
Roasting vegetables is a regular thing for me, and the olive oil, kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper are my go-to ingredients. Do you know that you can buy a 1.32 GALLON sized bottle of olive oil at Sam’s Club? I’ve got a selfie with it on my Instagram, just in case you want to check it out. (You’ll have to scroll down a bit to find it.) 🙂
If you have a convection oven and aren’t using it, you really should start. I LOVE mine, and it significantly reduces the cooking time for these veggies.
So about all these super foods. You can find plenty more recipes on here, but here are my favs.
- Mexican Quinoa Salad with Fresh Corn
- Balsamic Glazed Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes
- Loaded Veggie Quinoa Salad
- Pesto Vegetable Pasta
Fall is around the corner, but don’t forget to mix in some quinoa salads between all those pumpkin treats!
Make this salad next: Healthy Broccoli Salad with Honey Dijon Dressing
You can stay up-to-date with SueBee Homemaker by:
- signing up for post updates (top right-hand corner of my blog)
- liking my Facebook Page
- and following me on Pinterest
I’m also sharing tidbits of my life on Instagram.
Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Salad with Lemon Dressing
For the salad:
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups raw cauliflower – diced
- 3 cups raw broccoli – diced
- 3 cups sweet potatoes – chopped
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper – to taste
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 large lemon – freshly squeezed
- 2 teaspoons honey
- salt and pepper – to taste
- Rinse the quinoa in cold water, and drain. Pour chicken broth in medium sauce pan and bring to boiling. Add rinsed quinoa and simmer. When liquid is absorbed, remove pan from heat and pour quinoa in separate bowl to cool.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Dice cauliflower and broccoli in small pieces. Arrange on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil (about two tablespoons), and sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Bake until veggies are soft, approximately 15 – 20 minutes.
- Chop sweet potatoes in chunks, and spread on another baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil (about two tablespoons), kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Bake until fork tender (approximately 20 – 25 minutes), and remove to cool.
- Prepare dressing by mixing olive oil, lemon juice, honey, and salt and pepper. Shake well and set aside.
- To serve, spoon quinoa, roasted veggies, and sweet potatoes in salad bowl. Drizzle with lemon dressing and enjoy.